• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Big screen on evo love it or hate it

jgalan14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2010
Sin City
So I had my evo for a month now and I used to have different phone like blackberry touch, iPhone, Samsung moment and Samsung omnia, anyways after having the phone for a while I got so used to the big screen that when I used my ipod touch I feel weird, I know a lot people wants more resolution but for me is fine, is hard to go back to a smaller screen so I wish my next phones is big as this one, what do you guys think about it ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It's crazy because before I got the evo, I would talk myself into believing I didnt need a big screen. Now I don't know how I went so long without it. I can't see myself ever going back to any screen under 4 inches. I really wonder how big screens are going to continue to be. I couldn't imagine anything bigger than the Evo. Droid x showed me its possible.

Upvote 0
It is a strange phenomenon. When I left the store with my Evo, I thought to myself, "wow this is too big, did I make a mistake." But after a few days it seems ... well normal. I picked up my old Instinct the other day to retrieve some pictures from the SD card and it felt weird, oddly too small and toy like. Can't ever see me going to a smaller screen.

Upvote 0
i'm mixed honestly, but i do love it now. i've always been a fan of smaller phones, based on my lifestyle. i originally wanted the evo for the 1ghz processor and the android system. i wasn't sure about the big screen, sure its awesome sitting on the couch, but when i am at work its kinda big in my pocket. not to mention hanging out at the park on the weekends wearing shorts.

i've gotten used to it tho and i do love it. i am an auto technician so i move around a lot, lean over fenders and door sills and what not, so i worry about breaking it. also our work pants have slanted pockets and phones tend to fall out and get stuck in between seats, especially when you hop in a car where some guy thinks he is too cool to sit up straight. and no i don't want to wear a belt clip, haha i'm too cool for that. no seriously i think i would lean on it more with a belt clip. i am also a shop foreman at work and do need to take some calls, so just leaving it on my toolbox or bench isn't really ideal.

i've been going back and forth with carrying it or not. i have insurance so i think i will stick to carrying it. i just wish it was lighter rather then smaller.

Upvote 0
I've been setting up a Tmobile G1 I bought for my gf, and going back and forth between it and my Evo, I can't believe how small the G1 screen is! I remember seeing a coworker with his G1 when they first came out, and I thought it was huge compared to whatever crappy phone I had at the time (prob my Moto Q). Now I feel like a giant holding the G1 in my hand. The Evo has definitely made a big phone seem normal to me.

Oh, so I guess the answer is love it :) I think it's the perfect size, especially since the front of the phone is mostly screen.

Upvote 0
Just yesterday at the airport, I'm at a charging table and across from me is a guy charging his phone. I notice the "verizon" logo and it looks like the Incredible, so I ask him and sure enough it is.

We hold them next to each other and the size difference was SHOCKING. I realize we are only talking about a little less than an inch here or there, but the screen on the EVO is the best part of it. The size of this machine is where I'm betting the higher end smartphones keep going.

It is awesome in every way and I love it. For me it is kind of like having a car with keyless remote entry and power windows/locks. I can't even fathom going back to a car without those features. The thought of manually cranking a window handle to roll it up or down is not appealing, nor is having to stick my key in the door to open it, etc...

I LOVE THE SCREEN ON THIS PHONE, and really just love the phone overall. I'm not a fan boy in any respect as any phone that has the size and specs of the EVO, I would think would be great. I can say definitively for ME, the screen on the Incredible or other similar sized phones is just TOO SMALL for what I want and I'll stick with the 4.3" behemoths from now on. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones