• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Big update prob for all jpx users!

Marbles

May 19, 2011
Hi Guys.

Could not understand why JPX froyo wasnt being offered the 2.3 update. Turns out this could be a headache for a lot of european users. I'll quote from the Vodafone UK forum. (hope they don't mind) :

"Samsung released 2.2.1 JPX on the 19th December for XEU handsets and then a few days later (xmas eve), released JPY as a fix for JPX.
At the time there was a big hoo ha about whether JPX was indeed an officialy released firmware as people were getting it through Kies but only if they had hacked their PC's registry on a prior occassion.
Then some folk were saying that they WERE definitely being offered it who had an HKDXEU product code. It was established that this product code was for 16GB versions.
Now the Samsung servers offer you updates via Kies depending on what product code you have. I think its safe to say that going by above, that they release updates to 16GB and 8GB version at slightly different times.

Having said all that, I didn't realise that there were still people on JPX as already stated, it was a faulty ROM and replaced by JPY fairly swiftly.
It could be that HKDXEU 16GB users who are stuck on JPX are now in some kind of no mans land when it comes to updating via Kies.
ie. it won't offer you the update.

But if this turns out to be the case, you can always use odin to flash it manually or take it to a Samsung service centre to get it done."

"

Slight correction:

HKAXEU = 16Gb

HKDXEU = 8Gb"

Can you guys give some advice on what is best to do? Id like to do it via Kies to ensure? a smooth update.

Many thanks.:D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones