1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Big update prob for all jpx users!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marbles, May 20, 2011.

1. Marbles

Marbles Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    Hi Guys.

Could not understand why JPX froyo wasnt being offered the 2.3 update. Turns out this could be a headache for a lot of european users. I'll quote from the Vodafone UK forum. (hope they don't mind) :

"Samsung released 2.2.1 JPX on the 19th December for XEU handsets and then a few days later (xmas eve), released JPY as a fix for JPX.
    At the time there was a big hoo ha about whether JPX was indeed an officialy released firmware as people were getting it through Kies but only if they had hacked their PC's registry on a prior occassion.
    Then some folk were saying that they WERE definitely being offered it who had an HKDXEU product code. It was established that this product code was for 16GB versions.
    Now the Samsung servers offer you updates via Kies depending on what product code you have. I think its safe to say that going by above, that they release updates to 16GB and 8GB version at slightly different times.

Having said all that, I didn't realise that there were still people on JPX as already stated, it was a faulty ROM and replaced by JPY fairly swiftly.
    It could be that HKDXEU 16GB users who are stuck on JPX are now in some kind of no mans land when it comes to updating via Kies.
    ie. it won't offer you the update.

But if this turns out to be the case, you can always use odin to flash it manually or take it to a Samsung service centre to get it done."

"

Slight correction:

HKAXEU = 16Gb

HKDXEU = 8Gb"

Can you guys give some advice on what is best to do? Id like to do it via Kies to ensure? a smooth update.

Many thanks.:D

Advertisement

2. najiss

najiss Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    I had the same problem. I'm in UK and I did the registry hack to get the froyo 2.2. update (i.e. JPX). The only way to resolve your issue is to root your phone w/ odin to the JPX version and you will be able to update to 2.3.3. via kies.

3. Marbles

Marbles Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    I used Odin in the end to do a straight update to latest Gingerbread JVO. But now that Iv'e done it, performance seems lower. The boot animation is verrry laggy. Did you get this? Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks.

4. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    student
    Croatia
    Tried a factory reset and a data/cache wipe? If you have CWM, of course.

5. Marbles

Marbles Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    Did a factory reset, no difference. What CWM anyway?

6. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    student
    Croatia
    ClockWorkMod recovery. It has the options to wipe data (factory reset), cache and dalvik cache.

Nevermind then.

7. andy-roid

andy-roid Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 25, 2010
    wombwell uk
    Flash your phone back to 2.1 with odin then use kies to update the phone to gingerbread ...I used jm1 2.1 from samfirmware as that's xeu