1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bigger Battery-Eris-Which other battery works?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pittguy578, Dec 6, 2009.

1. pittguy578

pittguy578 Member

Someone said there is a battery from another HTC device that fits in the Droid. It does not extend the battery life significantly, but every little bit would help, even if it was just 10% mote. Which other battery fits inside of the case?

2. tats_06

tats_06 Android Enthusiast

I believe its from hero. But I know sedio is working on one specifically for eris and it would be same size as original. :)

3. jeffyo

jeffyo Android Enthusiast

Actually a post on another thread from a Verizon employee said the HTC Ozone was bigger with the 1500maH and fit in the Eris.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/23470-1500-mah-battery.html

4. Ataranine

Ataranine Android Enthusiast

5. jeffyo

jeffyo Android Enthusiast

Sweet! That's good news for me. I would like to avoid charging twice a day. I use my phone a lot because I commute on a train. So I watch a lot of movies and listen to music while surfing the web, etc.

6. Ataranine

I'll be buying it too.

7. weihl165

weihl165 Android Enthusiast

The 1750 is for the hero and it is out already. It is a little bigger than the stock battery. The top and bottom snap close but the sides do not. If you use a case you will never know the difference. Not sure what kind of life it gives, been watching it in another thread. The guy said it gave him an extra 30% power

8. mmanuel552

mmanuel552 Newbie

i wouldnt mind a nice 2600 with a extended back if sedio would make it not sure if i would jump on a 1750.

9. pittguy578

pittguy578 Member

I am not doubting you, but do we have some kind of confirmation that it's coming?

10. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Member

I'll definately be keeping an eye out on this thread to see what folks think on bigger batteries.

11. Ataranine

No, I'm not talking about the Hero battery. I'm talking about the ERIS battery that's not yet out.
    Like I said in another thread: Judging from the size of the other extended batteries for other phones, this one should be 1750mAh at least.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3986.htm

12. pittguy578

pittguy578 Member

I will call them tomorrow and see if I can get a better ETA on the 1750 Batteries. If it is something like two months out, I may buy an Imagio battery to get a little more juice in the meantime. 15% longer battery life would definitely make the phone a little better to manage.

13. Ataranine

Get back to us on that!

14. lerch629

lerch629 Newbie

15. hookem

hookem Android Enthusiast

Newbie here. Posted this on another thread just a while ago.

16. TheExoticFish

TheExoticFish Newbie

Not sure if the Hero and Eris batteries are exactly the same. I would assume so but as someone else stated they claim they're coming out with a 1500mAh battery for the Eris yet have a 1750 for the Hero.

17. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

Well the Sprint Hero has a 1500mah battery standard, which is essentially the same battery the Imagio has. The Eris has a smaller 1300mah battery and the GSM Hero has a 1350mah battery(but you also have to remember GSM phones tend to be a small amount more efficient.

18. Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde Lurker

HTC has a battery bank, which will charge your phone up to three times when there are no other means of charging. It's $69.95 at Android Central. I ordered one for my Droid Eris. I'm not sure if it will work with the Motorola Droid.

19. duncanhoo

duncanhoo Member

20. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member

What is a battery bank? Do you have a picture or link? Thanks!

21. rok8man

rok8man Member

I googled Battery Bank and you hook up to the bank that looks like a small candy bar and recharge your phone. In essence its a big battery to juice up your phone.

22. kraze0g

kraze0g Android Enthusiast

when this 'better battery' comes out, will i have to change the battery door to fit the size? if i have to change the door, won't that mean i can't use my gel cover for my phone nemore? (verizon sells them) -- they are already a tight perfect fit, and a bigger door would make it so difficult to use i'd imagine. now that would suck cuz these 'gel' covers are awesome.

23. kraze0g

kraze0g Android Enthusiast

i ... want... this!!!

Innocell Extended Life Battery

+

an extra battery w/ charging cradle :)

how they could possible make a battery with that much juice and say "This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery. Capacity: 3500 mAh" is beyond me. but if they can do it lemme buy it!

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews