• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Biggest battery to fit in a Commuter case?

HittingSmoke

Jun 8, 2010
I'm getting my Evo today and have already ordered an Otterbox Commuter case. An extended battery is a must with any of my smartphones as I use them almost constantly for music, browsing, video, etc.

I see there's tons of info on extended batteries, and a few posts from Commuter case users. My question is, what's the largest battery I can shove into my Evo and still have it fit nicely into the Otterbox Commuter case?

IMO, taken that most of the ebay 1800-2000 mahs are less than or equal to the OEM 1500 in duration, and all the extended 2600+ are the same double thick battery, you would probably be better off just carrying another OEM or equal size battery (such as the ebay 1800-2000 mahs)with you. The Commuter case is pretty much made to fit only the stock battery cover and even an HTC 2000 mah (for touch pro 2) is thicker than the 1500 OEM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones