1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips Bike mount for the Magic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shokuchi, Sep 17, 2009.

1. shokuchi

shokuchi Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Homemade bike mount for the magic

I got so fed up with there being no decent or specific to the magic, mounting system available that I made my own, it slim and it works. I used the shell of a cat-eye brand bike headlamp.
    Check it out if you too want to use mytracks or cardio trainer freely on your bike.

cheers.

Advertisement

kylelastname likes this.
  2. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    The Krussle case with the bike adaptor is perfect. Having a case at the other end of a ride is great. Waterproofing is still a problem though. That said the case phone and adaptor all fit in a double sized conference wallet i had. A circle cut out the back for the multidapt ring and hey presto. Splash proof (well maybe resistant) at least.

3. fuddbutter

fuddbutter Member

Oct 4, 2009
    eeek! i so wouldn't put my magic on my handle bars! i rather go buy something more bike specific and it going to handle slamming into a tree after a 6ft drop off..

and if it does break, it's not going to cost a fair fortune to replace :S

4. shokuchi

shokuchi Member

Sep 17, 2009
    It works just fine, and there currently isn't something more bike specific: that's why I made one in the first place.
    If you are slamming into trees off big drops then you probably wouldn't want anything on your handlebars at all other than maybe a small cateye computer.
    This works just fine especially for road biking and XC trails.

If it breaks? I have insurance on it as part of my cell plan - so I will cost very little to replace.

5. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    May I refer you to my post above.

Tags: