• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have no experience with Bing but I can tell you that you can just hide the searchbar and download Google applications(Google Maps, Sky Map, Places and so on) and make it your default. If you root the phone im sure you can completely remove it.

Yeah i figured you could do that i was just curious to if anyone had used it for like navigation and that and if so how it compared to google nav

Upvote 0
Unless things are differnet the one thing you can not do is make it to where when you hit the search button it will go to anything but Bing. I know that is what happened with the backflip when it came out on AT&T and got so much hate for it.

Well this would be a disaster if true. This is exactly what folks who are not worried bout Bing being on this say you CAN do - set default search, maps, etc. Setting a default search would mean the default search button action. I guess we will have to see..

Upvote 0
Unless things are differnet the one thing you can not do is make it to where when you hit the search button it will go to anything but Bing. I know that is what happened with the backflip when it came out on AT&T and got so much hate for it.

Well i rarely use the search anyway i would just use it more for navigation but i know some people would not like having to use bing to search for things

Upvote 0
I have tried Bing on my phone. I find the search engine to be great. The navigation-map part was very poor. It could never get a GPS satellite lock on my position. Google, OTOH, found me quickly. When I switched to "Earth" view and zoomed in I was able to see my house and the deck on which I was standing. Creepy!

Upvote 0
I have tried Bing on my phone. I find the search engine to be great. The navigation-map part was very poor. It could never get a GPS satellite lock on my position. Google, OTOH, found me quickly. When I switched to "Earth" view and zoomed in I was able to see my house and the deck on which I was standing. Creepy!

What would be creepy is if you could look up, wave, and see yourself on google maps.:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones