• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bionic (Awakening the Ally)

I said we would build this together didnt i? Lol
When i flashed bionic today to see the quality of the image, i really didnt want to flash back lol but the lack of the radio made me go grrr. That splash image is what you see when you power on your ally, followed by verizon then a blue bionic boot screen.
I added some custom notification sounds i made. Hopefully i get farther tonight.

Upvote 0
I said we would build this together didnt i? Lol
When i flashed bionic today to see the quality of the image, i really didnt want to flash back lol but the lack of the radio made me go grrr. That splash image is what you see when you power on your ally, followed by verizon then a blue bionic boot screen.
I added some custom notification sounds i made. Hopefully i get farther tonight.

Why wont you ask a developer(s) for help?? To take off SOME weight off of your shoulder?

Upvote 0
Themeing cyanogen is getting on my nerve...nothings applying? ohwell
in other news, made a successful call to my fiance today, clear as day but she had to hang up since i couldnt and once hung up, showed i was still on the phone but the call had ended.
It would seem im making progress ^^)
Think i found the file im looking for in the framework that deals with the radio. more to come...

loved my splash image so much...i applied it to velocity...hehe

Reactions: XsupaXshawnX
Upvote 0
yes, but I've never managed to get it set up on my computer. I really need someone who knows linux to walk me through it.
But I hear that there are other ways, ones that don't require the SDK.

There are various guides on how to setup the android sdk, udev rules (for adb and fastboot) on linux espically if you are using ubuntu (or a similar popular distro), just gotta google :p.

I personally know how to get it all setup on arch linux (the easy way).

As far as signing apk's goes. There is tons of ways to do this. Android Kitchen can sign apk's, apk manager can, and well tons of various user made scripts and such.

Maybe this google search will help you :p.

hwo to sign apks linux - Google Search

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware of the kitchen, I'm checking it out.
And I believe I said I need someone to walk me through (looks at last post) Yeah, I said I need someone to walk me through.
As for the apps, I've tried zipsigner2 and signapktic and neither seem to want to sign my apks recently.
I know how to google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones