1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bionic displaying texts while on standby

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Torik, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Torik

Torik Lurker

So I just got the bionic today and the only problem I have with it so far is receiving text messages. When I hit the power button to turn the screen off (standby) and receive a text, it turns the screen on and displays the text along with the ability to quick reply. I have spent a good half hour trying to find the setting to turn this off. Does anyone know?

Advertisement

2. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

mine doesn't do this. however, on my old phone i had handcent installed and it always did this. do you have handcent installed? if so, it's the handcent popup that wakes the phone.

3. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Welcome 1st poster :) Are you using a 3rd party sms app or sms pop up? Sounds like it as the stock sms app will not do this that I know of.

4. Torik

Torik Lurker

Yes I'm using the Handcent app for texts. I had handcent on my previous droid and it never did it. Any ideas on how to turn this off?

@Jbdan - Thank you for your welcome

*edit* I appear to have fixed it. In handcent, go to settings> notification settings> and uncheck "enable popup"

5. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm going from memory here so hopefully I won't leave anything out. Open handcent, hit menu, go to notifications, and where it says enable popup, uncheck it.