• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have the shell/holster case and it fits in the car dock fine with the insert removed. I am using my DX auto recharge cable with the dock. The only problem is the cord in back of the micro usb plug is too thick to fit in the groove but it works fine.

So you're saying that you don't have to force/hold the phone further back than it sits naturally, just to get the top latch to reach over the phone?

Upvote 0
So you're saying that you don't have to force/hold the phone further back than it sits naturally, just to get the top latch to reach over the phone?

I'm using the shell/holster with extended battery now and it activates the dock mode. Still wont activate with the silicon one. Strange. It is a super tight fit, I have to force it to Latch in securely.

Upvote 0
I too have this problem, I get no audio when I finally get the car mode to start. Navigation, Pandora, TuneIn radio...nothing. How is this supposed to be handsfree?
Oh, gee - No, I do have sound, and I was able to get navigation, just couldn't find the voice search button. (Which apparently is now the actual search key - duh :eek:).
I haven't tried music, I've got an old Touch in my glovebox with a dedicated cord.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones