1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Bionic has a scratch on the screen, help..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ncdude, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ncdude

ncdude Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I noticed a small lite scratch on the screen down by the touch buttons, not sure how it got there. I went to verizon to talk to them about it and they were less than helpful. So my question is, is there a way to buff out something like this? It is very light and goes away when you wipe the screen off, but when you use it the finger prints make it visible. Bugs the hell out of me.

Thanks,

Scott

Advertisement

2. oakley1261

oakley1261 Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    You might be able to use some type of glass scratch filler. But a screen protector will usually hide any minor scratches as well.

3. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    Yes, please invest in a screen protector. I like the static cling ones. Look and stay on great. I misplaced my current one so i order another for 99 cents off ebay with free shipping. Please get a good case too to prevent damage :) good luck!!!

4. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Unknown
    +1 to cheap screen protectors from ebay! I have had them on my devices since who knows when and they hold up very well for only a buck. Plus if you can get multiple (I won a 10-pack for $.28 w/ free shipping for my TB) then you're pretty much set for the life of the phone. Easy on, easy off when you want to.

It will also hide minor scratches as mentioned, so this is probably your best bet. Make sure it comes from a state close to you though if you want one ASAP, otherwise China does take a couple weeks.

5. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    When I got my OG Droid within the first week I somehow managed to put a scratch on the screen. It's still there to this day and did bug me a bit but I ignored it. Right away as soon as I got my Bionic I bought the screen protector. I will hopefully no longer have to stare at a scratch again.