1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bionic is now free ($0.01)!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by munchem, Sep 8, 2011.

1. munchem

munchem Lurker

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Android Enthusiast

comes up as $250 for me - same as verizonwireless.com

redraider1 likes this.
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

knowing amazon it is priced different for individual plans vs family plans vs adding line vs upgrade.... plus a completely different set of prices if your a new customer....

4. boompchicko

boompchicko Lurker

No dock for me.

5. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

I just ordered mine for $220 with free overnight shipping from letstalk.com :cool:

6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Amazon is selling it for $199 if you're a new subscriber. If it's a renewal, it's $249.99

7. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

$199 for new customers. Just ordered mine. 2-day shipping, and the estimated delivery is Tuesday? Regardless, I getting $100 to wait 5-days is a great deal. :D

8. bad1550

bad1550 Well-Known Member

I was charged $299 plus tax and shipping.

This was calling Verizon - I hope to receive delivery today. How do I get the discounted price and/or $100 credit/Gift Card?

I am coming from a non data flip phone.

Thx

9. munchem

munchem Lurker

For me it is actually now $179.

10. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Got mine from Costco for $279 + tax = $303.xx.
    Aside from the phone and OEM wall charger, I received:
    • A second OEM wall charger
    • An OEM car charger
    • An OEM car dock
    • An OEM desk dock
    • An extra OEM battery
    • An OEM battery-charging dock
    • A leather holster
    • Screen protectors

It's like a died and went to heaven. :)

(Not to mention Costco's better return policy.)

11. munchem

munchem Lurker

Price is now $99.

12. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member

price is $99 where? its still 299 on verizon.com

13. mahashel

mahashel Member

It's $149 on Amazon, plus they give you a $50 Amazon gift card for starting a fresh VZW account through them. This (sort of) makes the phone $99.

The catch: This price is ONLY for new service/customers. Existing VZW customers looking to upgrade will see a price of $249 and appear to be ineligible for the $50 gift card.

The bottom line: If you're a switcher, go to Amazon for this killer deal. If you're an existing customer (like moi), hit up Costco or go directly to VZW since Amazon isn't offering us anything special.

14. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Android Enthusiast

OK...I'm not eligible for a phone upgrade until 3/12. Can I still get the $249 deal? If so, I may jump on it.

15. NightAngel79

Administrator

Short answer: No :)

Long answer: No :)

lol

xmr405o likes this.
  16. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Android Enthusiast

Well, I guess that's the long and the short of it. ;) That's what I figured.

xmr405o likes this.
  17. NightAngel79

Administrator

Sometimes on vzw site it will show that you can get discounted price long before it says your actual upgrade is available... it says mine is available 2/12 but when i click 'upgrade my line' it show 2 year pricing on the phones (once i filter the search results)

18. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

I think the best price for upgrade customers is at Radio Shack. It's $199.99. Pretty good price for the phone by itself.

19. munchem

munchem Lurker

Phone is now free, so edit: if you bought online, email them to get a price match!

20. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Crazy... its 0.01 cent for new customers.

21. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

lol it really is $0.01 ... comes up for me as that if I choose "Add a Line".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it worth it though? Wonder if it would be breaking the contract if I add a line, and then afterwards remove one of my other 2 lines? :eek: That would be an Early Termination Fee though, wouldn't it be?

22. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Remember...new lines mean it would be under the tiered data plan.

23. hurricane630

hurricane630 Well-Known Member

So is this price true??? In that case wouldn't it be worth it to open a new account, buy the bionic for .01, then cancel my account for what $175? and sell the bionic for say $400?? profit $200? lol is that not reasonable?

24. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

ETF is not 175.

25. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

I got them to price-match my phone from $200 that I originally paid at launch, to $150 which was the price they were selling it last week. The lady on the phone said that they only price match within one month of your purchase date, so I guess I won't be getting a $150 refund. :(

What an unbelievable deal; yet, most people will still pay $300 for the iPhone 4S.

You ever wonder why they can sell it for $300 less than Verizon? If it sounds too good to be true, than it is. Read the terms: $250 cancellation fee paid to Amazon.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews