1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bionic Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChelsNicole, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ChelsNicole

ChelsNicole Newbie

Hi All - just got my Bionic yesterday in the mail! (I've been reading these forums for a while, but this is my first post!) Love it so far, I'm just having an issue with the music player. I'm new to Moto, and just had a question about the music player - on my old HTC Eris, when you selected an artist, you had the option to view all songs for the artist. On the Bionic, when you select an artist, you have select an album to see the songs. I hate this, since I don't know what albums my songs are in. The only thing I can think of is to delete all of the album names from my songs, which will take forever. Any one know of any other ways around this! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

Well. I have not used the basic one with the Bionic, but the Meridian player has that feature (used it with the original Droid)

ChelsNicole likes this.
  3. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert

Just go download a different music player app. I personally prefer WinAmp.

4. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

Mixzing has been my go-to music app for a long time. I've tried them all and always come back to Mixzing. I usually even freeze the stock music app so that my BT headphones don't accidentally run that instead of Mixzing which had been an issue on my DX and DX2. I haven't tried the stock bionic app, but I doubt it will offer the options other more robust music apps offer.

5. tma

tma Newbie

It takes too steps but if you long press on the artist hit play then go to the library button on the player it gives you the lust of all artist song's

6. CBCS

CBCS Newbie

Don't mean to hijack, but this seems similar enough to ask here. When I'm scrolling through artists, songs, etc., if I press on an album to see songs I get kicked all the way back to the top when I hit back. Is there a way to stay at my previous location?

7. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Member

I would say to try Winamp but it took 4 hours to sync my music and left out half of it which was shown on the PC in Winamp. :eek:

8. ChelsNicole

ChelsNicole Newbie

Thanks all, I'm trying winamp now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow at work.

9. ChelsNicole

ChelsNicole Newbie

How do you freeze the stock player?

10. frasej

frasej Member

You have to be rooted, the purchase Titanium Backup or Uninstaller for Root Pro. Both have a freeze feature.

11. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert

Just FYI with WinAmp on my Incredible, it only recognizes music files on the SD card and not on the internal memory. No biggie and I still use it, but have asked them to support both.

ChelsNicole likes this.