• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bionic Review W/ Videos, Benchmarks, Tests

So 7-8 hours of battery life at that rate? I think I did the math right. :)

uh.. not quite.

its 7-8 hours if you are using it NON STOP... which is quite impressive.

so for general daily use, you dont have to worry about batter that much unless you use the phone very very heavily.

also, i would like to note how great the camera looks while it is filming moving objects.

Upvote 0
Nope. Im unlimited :)

I'm not...

sad%20plain.png

Upvote 0
I'm not...

sad%20plain.png

Lol. dam that sucks. i am guessing you are a new verizon customer?

i used to have unlimited text for 3 dollars. but i left verizon for a short period of time and it became 10 dollars for unlimited text.

Well, given how scarce unlimited data plan is, i will prob never leave verizon as long as i have this plan.

Reactions: murth and jroc
Upvote 0

i used to have unlimited text for 3 dollars. but i left verizon for a short period of time and it became 10 dollars for unlimited text.

Well, given how scarce unlimited data plan is, i will prob never leave verizon as long as i have this plan.

Nope, I am a Verizon customer. But I have an enV Touch.

Upvote 0
Nope. Im unlimited :)

And let's see just how unlimited you are until VZW puts the brakes on your DLing....

I've got unltd on 2 of 3 lines - ain't going nowhere anytime soon. And I get a corp discount to boot...

Upvote 0
And let's see just how unlimited you are until VZW puts the brakes on your DLing....

yea... gonna be pissed if that happens. either way, lets get back to the main topic of this thread.

what do you guys think about the benchmark tests?? Browse-mark did better than SGSII, but Bionic scored lower in Quadrant and CF(even though it was fairly close)

From the memory availability, it seems that Bionic has tons more bloatware than SGSII.

if we root and erase all the bloatware from bionic and unlock to 1.2 GHz, do you think it will score higher than rooted SGSII w/ bloatwares erased?

Upvote 0
Benchmarks are really just benchmarks. The only thing that matters is how the end result is for the phone that you're using. It's really interesting to see the benchmarks but I wouldn't get too absorbed in them. As long as I don't feel like I'm lagging all over the place... I'm good. :)

I had a post ready yesterday about how I ran Browser Mark on my PC with 2 different browsers.

Chrome scored higher, but Opera ran it faster n smoother.

Benchmarks numbers dont tell the whole story. Like how the GS2 uses gpu acceleration in some parts of the browser. That + its clocked higher = it should score higher out the box, especially if Moto doesnt gpu accelerate the browser on their phones.

Seeing different benchmarks of the Bionic with BrowserMark...one had it at 53,000. Benchmarks....gotta luv em, lol.

Reactions: rickd126
Upvote 0
I had a post ready yesterday about how I ran Browser Mark on my PC with 2 different browsers.

Chrome scored higher, but Opera ran it faster n smoother.

Benchmarks numbers dont tell the whole story. Like how the GS2 uses gpu acceleration in some parts of the browser. That + its clocked higher = it should score higher out the box, especially if Moto doesnt gpu accelerate the browser on their phones.

Seeing different benchmarks of the Bionic with BrowserMark...one had it at 53,000. Benchmarks....gotta luv em, lol.

SGSII on stock browser right out of the bot scored 50k with BrowserMark.

So it is safe to say Bionic beats it in that department.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones