• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bionix 1.4 Black Butter is out and IS WICKED FAST

i wouldn't worry about a full charge... anything over 50% should do. also on that link is instructions to recondition your battery... I would do that also after you have flashed the new rom and rebooted twice.

yeah i reconditioned the battery once already but it seems little off for some reason so after i flash this bionix 1.9.1 with voodoo :D!! i'm going to recondition my battery one more time and see if it really works or not... thanks again :cool:

Upvote 0
i wouldn't worry about a full charge... anything over 50% should do. also on that link is instructions to recondition your battery... I would do that also after you have flashed the new rom and rebooted twice.

oh shoot i forgot ask u do i have to odin back first before i install this 1.9.1 w/ voodoo?? because right now i got the 1.9.1 w/ stock kernel

Upvote 0
oh shoot i forgot ask u do i have to odin back first before i install this 1.9.1 w/ voodoo?? because right now i got the 1.9.1 w/ stock kernel

I would stay away from Voodoo right now. I have been reading the gains are not really that noticable. And quite frankly I am thinking of switching to a Stock one, its a pain in the ass to disable the voodoo everytime you want to flash something.

Not too mention he is releasing Fusion ROm today

Reactions: deeoh1084
Upvote 0
I would stay away from Voodoo right now. I have been reading the gains are not really that noticable. And quite frankly I am thinking of switching to a Stock one, its a pain in the ass to disable the voodoo everytime you want to flash something.

Not too mention he is releasing Fusion ROm today

i see.... i guess i'll wait on the fusion rom also and compare it first.. but what's the difference?? (sorry i'm a noob to the vibrant roms)

Upvote 0
i see.... i guess i'll wait on the fusion rom also and compare it first.. but what's the difference?? (sorry i'm a noob to the vibrant roms)

I am hoping the Fusion ROM is more polished. Have more apps built in, and a bunch of other features that Bionix 1.9.1 is missing. I know its over 1000 pages, but check out that original topic on XDA and you will be a Bionix Expert. The only reason I am thinking that I will flash without VooDoo is hoping the battery life will increase. We shall see.

Upvote 0
I am hoping the Fusion ROM is more polished. Have more apps built in, and a bunch of other features that Bionix 1.9.1 is missing. I know its over 1000 pages, but check out that original topic on XDA and you will be a Bionix Expert. The only reason I am thinking that I will flash without VooDoo is hoping the battery life will increase. We shall see.

agreed... my battery life suck right now after 1.9.1 i had better battery life before i flashed it to 1.9.1 for some reason... alright thanks for the info guys hopefully fusion comes out soon

Upvote 0
Some people have problems with voodoo and battery drain... personally I am going on 21 hours of use with no issues and about 10% remaining... this is before a battery recondition with 3g on or wifi/2g and updates on. Using facebook... playing 45min of angry birds and 45min of web use. also about 100+ texts messages and maybe 10 min phone call. i checked some emails and read some news/weather also.

Upvote 0
Some people have problems with voodoo and battery drain... personally I am going on 21 hours of use with no issues and about 10% remaining... this is before a battery recondition with 3g on or wifi/2g and updates on. Using facebook... playing 45min of angry birds and 45min of web use. also about 100+ texts messages and maybe 10 min phone call. i checked some emails and read some news/weather also.

Thats just insane. I have recontioned my battery a few times. Unplugged at 530 am and have no widgets, have the phone checking email every hour, 100 or so texts, no phone calls, setcpu running at 200/1200 and 200/600 with screen off and its now 6:30 pm and i have 30 percent left. No 3g/Wifi/GPS/Bluetooth, screen all the way down, no runaway apps. I just dont get it

Upvote 0
man thanks for your quick replies!! :D i'm going to give it a try (i'm going to back up all my apps and data first with titanium backup) should i charge the battery fully first?? (sorry for these lame questions)

Yes indeed...backup first. Do not, however, restore system data with Titanium after installing a new ROM. It will only cause problems. Apps + app data is fine to restore.

Some people insist on flashing with a full battery, ostensibly to reset the battery stats after flashing. I've never seen a reason to bother with this. Just make sure you aren't down to something like 15% when you flash!

Your questions aren't lame. Better to ask first than be sorry later.

Upvote 0
Yes indeed...backup first. Do not, however, restore system data with Titanium after installing a new ROM. It will only cause problems. Apps + app data is fine to restore.

Some people insist on flashing with a full battery, ostensibly to reset the battery stats after flashing. I've never seen a reason to bother with this. Just make sure you aren't down to something like 15% when you flash!

Your questions aren't lame. Better to ask first than be sorry later.

thanks i appreciate that but when i backup all user apps does it back up all the app data also or just the apps?? because u told me not to restore the system data so i'm trying to look for an option where i can just back up app and app data but i only see the option where i can backup all user apps (not sure if it backs up the app data) thank you in advance again

Upvote 0
thanks i appreciate that but when i backup all user apps does it back up all the app data also or just the apps?? because u told me not to restore the system data so i'm trying to look for an option where i can just back up app and app data but i only see the option where i can backup all user apps (not sure if it backs up the app data) thank you in advance again

I have never had a good experience when trying to backup and reload APP data, Just backup the apps. Start as clean as possible for the best experience is my philosophy

Upvote 0
I have never had a good experience when trying to backup and reload APP data, Just backup the apps. Start as clean as possible for the best experience is my philosophy

i installed bionix 1.9.1 for now until another fusion rom comes out but i installed it with Jacs kernel w/o the voodoo but can i still install the voodoo manually?? i'm looking at jac xmod oc/uv w/voodoo thread right now but i'm not quite sure if i can install it manually

Upvote 0
i installed bionix 1.9.1 for now until another fusion rom comes out but i installed it with Jacs kernel w/o the voodoo but can i still install the voodoo manually?? i'm looking at jac xmod oc/uv w/voodoo thread right now but i'm not quite sure if i can install it manually

Just download the 1.9.1 with voodoo? That's what I used. Just reflash the rom with voodoo

Upvote 0
Well you can always just flash voodoo but I am a big fan and believer of a clean install

ok they have the bionix final version and i already installed it but for some reason it won't install the voodoo i followed all the steps (i disabled voodoo first before i installed the final version) i installed the Voodoo OC/UV Beta4 CWM Recovery (this is the one with colorfix) am i suppose to install the Voodoo OC/UV Beta4 CWM Recovery V1.1 instead???

or do i have to flash it to JI6 modem?

u know what?? i think i forgot to delete the voodoo disable lagfix... ooops i'm going to try that first

Upvote 0
man thanks for your quick replies!! :D i'm going to give it a try (i'm going to back up all my apps and data first with titanium backup) should i charge the battery fully first?? (sorry for these lame questions)

You don't really have to charge the battery fully to flash. There are those that like to do that so they can reset the battery stats after they install a ROM, but it's not something I bother with right away. Just make sure you have enough power to avoid the phone shutting down in the middle of a flash. You'd be sad if that happened.

Upvote 0

I've never had a problem restoring apps + app data. Trying to restore system data however usually leads to problems.

If you don't restore app data you'll lose setting and stored information, like what level of a game you're on. If you don't mind that, then just restore apps. It is always best to start off as clean as possible.

Upvote 0

Voodoo can be flashed separately, apart from a kernel. It's not even included in the Fusion ROM's.

Upvote 0
Voodoo can be flashed separately, apart from a kernel. It's not even included in the Fusion ROM's.

yeah i know i'm waiting on the final version of fusion rom that's all but i did installed the final version of regular Bionix Rom and installed the voodoo already but i had disabled voodoo before i flashed it to the final version and i forgot that i had to delete the voodoolagfix file from the phone... i'm thinking about flashing it to AOSPish Froyo rom after they fix the gps... but thanks for ur info :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones