• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bird icon and purple icon

Konraad

Lurker
May 11, 2021
Asking for a friend.
His galaxy is giving these two icons on the notification bar.
Any idea what it might be?
The bird, the purple one and the dot?
FCB90BAF-CF01-444C-8894-24519721CAEA.jpeg

That's odd, since the icons are amongst the user-installed app notifications. Just in case it gives different information, have you tried looking in the notification history (if you have it - it's a relatively recent feature I think).

I'm afraid that neither icon means anything to me - the trouble is that there literally are millions of apps out there. The purple one is odd because Google's rules for some time have been that notification should be monochrome, which suggests maybe an app that's not been updated for some time.

Another approach is to look through their app drawer for any app whose icon resembles these (though not every app produces notifications that look like its icon). Or the full list of installed apps in the Settings (Settings > Apps, or "App Manager" on a Samsung), which will include the few apps that don't leave an icon in the app drawer. Tedious if you have a lot of apps, but there's a chance it'll work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones