• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Birdman "good news"

birdman: You know i am a member here
smile.png

More information will be available as soon as i can release it
smile.png

All ill say is, think bigger than root :p

I am giggling like a little school girl.:D

Upvote 0
Here's everything so far:

Tweet: you know when youve got really good news but you cant say anything? that sucks...alot..

Tweet: What ive been told is DX stuff...but it wont be available to us for a little bit.

Tweet: If you Try all you can, and cant do anything, you must uSe A LAST RESORT

Post from birdman: You know i am a member here
smile.png

More information will be available as soon as i can release it
smile.png

All ill say is, think bigger than root :p

Post from birdman: 2 Reasons.

He doesn't want to say anything because Motorola could patch what he may found, and that won't be good

Whatever he may of learned, discovered, or done may not be complete or 100% true yet... so patience is key here
smile.png

1) yes
2) kinda

Tweet: possible unlock

Post from birdman
: hehe nothing as drastic as opening your phone

Reactions: kwest12
Upvote 0
i understand that...but how is he coming out with these tweets so almost there, and possible unlock. WHEN HE IS ASKING FOR A DONATION FOR SAID PHONE? you know what i mean?
People have gotten file dumps of their X's and sent those dumps to birdman. And he is examining those file dumps. If I remember correctly.

Reactions: bumpylemon
Upvote 0
I assume that from his tweets, he's a scam.

Tweaking RIM OS releases doesn't take more than an idiot to do (and I can't find anything that he's done beyond that).

I won't be paying for his phone, and I suggest that you all consider looking into his history before you do too.

I've yet to see a single thing that he's done that isn't speculative "buy me a phone" crap.

Even his tweets sound like a 12 year old that wants attention, but doesn't know shit.

Hell, even at 12 years old, when I was phreaking, so I could use my 1200 baud modem for free long distance, I didn't say crap until it was done. I certainly never begged for cash. And I sure as hell didn't **** with ma-bell in front of their faces.

Upvote 0
I just don't get why someone that came from making blackberry OS mods (not hard to do, even I could piece them together when I used a RIM), would suggest they can take down a physical chipset based protection, without having the phone yet, while asking for cash to get one, and not have anyone suspect it's purely a scam.

I really hope that it's not, but honestly, can someone link anything that this guy has done that's leading the masses to believe he has the ability to do anything more than beg for money?

Cracking an old curve OS is like modifying a text file....

Making suggestive comments on twitter while holding out a hat, is like playing a broken violin, and asking for a new one, so that you can learn how to play it.

The only thing I know about him is that he deodexed one of the 2.2 froyo ROMs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones