• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Birdman's Froyo ROM released

Not strange - unzip to foldername won't have (necessarily) the same settings on the folder as it was created - things like the actual time and date stamp - which is probably what was causing your MD5 mismatch error.

When you unzip her it extracts the contents of the ZIP as it is archived.

When you extract to a folder name, it creates the folder first then extracts to it - meaning the folder modification timestamp is going to be the current time and date.

Thanks for working through this, now we have another idea why a lot of people get this error. It never occurred to me to think about the timestamps on the folder itself....

Makes sense. Glad we figured it out.

Now... Im sorry to keep asking questions but. I thought Flash was supposed to be pre-installed in this ROM. I went to a couple random websites with flash and it indicated that I needed to update my flash player, or I just had the blue Lego picture.

Is there something I need to do to activate flash?

Upvote 0
Anyone having issues with the touchscreen acting wonky with this rom? I'll be touching something on the bottom of the screen and it'll act as if I touched something on the top. I'll be in the browser and touching something on the screen and it thinks I'm doing pinch to zoom.

Yes and no. When I first installed setcpu and rebooted. My droid was running at 250 mhz. I didnt realize it but thats why it was slow and unresponsive.

Now since I fixed that. I cant believe how fast and snappy the phone is. Its great right now

Upvote 0
Anyone having issues with the touchscreen acting wonky with this rom? I'll be touching something on the bottom of the screen and it'll act as if I touched something on the top. I'll be in the browser and touching something on the screen and it thinks I'm doing pinch to zoom.

Sounds like your screen is not clean or you have a crappy screen protector (no offense).

Upvote 0
Ok . I got it to start installing.

I used my XP 32 bit computer with WInrar

Heres what I did different and it makes no sense to me.

I moved the .zip to the sdcard clockwork\backup partition.

I then chose to "unzip here" (this is the only step that was different )
rather than "unzip to 2010-06-06.19.29.12"

Either way the files still went to a folder called "2010-06.19.29.12"

wierd

Thanks for posting your solution! I was having the exact same problem!

Upvote 0
installed this today and i cant seem to get flash to work. everywhere ive tried it just says i need to install the latest version of flash. do i need to enable it somehow first?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The flash portion doesn't work after loading, the dev of this ROM didn't realize that, I guess.

Look at the OP of this thread, you have to remove the existing flash APK (Root Explorer is the easiest way) and reinstall flash - there's a link to the flash download in the OP of this thread.

Upvote 0
The flash portion doesn't work after loading, the dev of this ROM didn't realize that, I guess.

Look at the OP of this thread, you have to remove the existing flash APK (Root Explorer is the easiest way) and reinstall flash - there's a link to the flash download in the OP of this thread.

Thanks, I'm working on that right now...
I just opened Root Explorer and started looking through data/app, but I can't seem to find the flashplayer. I've looked through the list like 5 times and can't find it. What should it be called...?
:/

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm working on that right now...
I just opened Root Explorer and started looking through data/app, but I can't seem to find the flashplayer. I've looked through the list like 5 times and can't find it. What should it be called...?
:/

Its called com.adobe.flashplayer-1. I couldn't remove it. (Think u need to do it through adb)I didn't remove it cause I forgot to after I downloaded the new apk . Installed the apk that Fabulous redirected me to in this same thread(read above). Flash works great. I'm actually impressed with it. I did overclock though

Upvote 0
Its called com.adobe.flashplayer-1. I couldn't remove it. (Think u need to do it through adb)I didn't remove it cause I forgot to after I downloaded the new apk . Installed the apk that Fabulous redirected me to in this same thread(read above). Flash works great. I'm actually impressed with it. I did overclock though

Are you saying I can just install it over the current installation and it'll work? Because I've been looking under data/app and it's simply not there. ADB is not an option for me, I have tried to make it work but it simply won't work. :/

Upvote 0
Sounds like your screen is not clean or you have a crappy screen protector (no offense).

Well after I posted I decided to revert back to BB and lo and behold the touchscreen was acting wonky as well. I had my phone plugged into the computer. As soon as I unplugged it the phone started working fine again. I'm going to flash this rom again to see if the problem was me leaving the phone plugged in.

Upvote 0
Birdman has released an update.zip of v.3 Im installing now. Thank god he did an zip now I can stop porting nandroids to clockwork

edit: I have no 3g with this method. So I would hold off on using it for now.

I had to restore a backup cause I couldnt get any data. Saw someone else mentioned the same issue on alldroid. Hopefully birdman will fix it today

Upvote 0
Birdman has released an update.zip of v.3 Im installing now. Thank god he did an zip now I can stop porting nandroids to clockwork

I had to restore a backup cause I couldnt get any data. Saw someone else mentioned the same issue on alldroid. Hopefully birdman will fix it today
thanks for letting me know! i was going to install v.3 real quick before going to work but now ill hold off. i would hate if i got to work and realized i didnt have 3g. btw, has anyone else been getting frequent fc issues for tapatalk on this rom?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

From what I can tell this is why we have to install these as nandroids for now... Installing as a zip will not allow data...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones