• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Birdmans new rom flyX

Got root back, but had to copy su and busybox to xbin instead of bin. Using xda-developers method, I was getting "too many symboic links error". Found this fix. After running ./rageagainstthecage substitute xbin for bin:

cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin/su
cp /sdcard/busybox /system/xbin/busybox
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/busybox
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Upvote 0
Hi guys, bit of a noob here. I decided to try and root and upgrade my phone to froyo 2.2 yesterday. I have never done anything like this so it was a bit scary since i wasn't sure I could fix it if something went wrong. I now have froyo 2.2 root and fly x running on my phone.
Everything is going great but my only concern is how do i go back to stock 2.1 if i need to. I mean if i want to update flyx rom later on if birdman makes a new one how do i do it. Some insite from you professionals would be great thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, bit of a noob here. I decided to try and root and upgrade my phone to froyo 2.2 yesterday. I have never done anything like this so it was a bit scary since i wasn't sure I could fix it if something went wrong. I now have froyo 2.2 root and fly x running on my phone.
Everything is going great but my only concern is how do i go back to stock 2.1 if i need to. I mean if i want to update flyx rom later on if birdman makes a new one how do i do it. Some insite from you professionals would be great thank you.

To go back to 2.1 -> rootzwiki.com and download 'The Bomb'

If FlyX makes another ROM (which he is currently) - he will make it so you can do so from 2.2 - don't worry about going back to 2.1 :)

Upvote 0

You will only need to go back to 2.1 if you want the official OTA update or you want to return the phone and don't want to be denied service based on breaking your warranty. If Birdman or anyone makes a new ROM it will be based on 2.2 and you just move forward so to speak. Birdmans next ROM will probably add to FLyx final, Tranquility will add to what he has done. You shouldn't need to return to 2.1 to apply new ROMS.

However if you do find yourself needing to revert to Stock 2.1 you will need to learn how to flash the SBF file using RSDlite.
Here's a good link on how to do it
Droid X SBF Windows Instructions. Finally. - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - Droid X SBF Windows Instructions. Finally. - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones