• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Birtdays on my calendar

flamespirit

Aug 29, 2011
Hi, i just got a new samsung galaxy s2 with android 2.3.3 I've synced my calendar with my google calendar. In the google calendar i import the birthdays from my contacts. On my phone the calendar now shows every birthday 2 times and its very annoying. Anyone know how i can fix that? I think it is now importing them from my google calendar and from my contacts on the phone, but i'm not sure.

thanks

Hi, i just got a new samsung galaxy s2 with android 2.3.3 I've synced my calendar with my google calendar. In the google calendar i import the birthdays from my contacts. On my phone the calendar now shows every birthday 2 times and its very annoying. Anyone know how i can fix that?

thanks

Are you using facebook? Could be that is syncing them too..

Int

Upvote 0
When you have calendar app open, go to settings then calendars. How many calendars are shown with ticks against them, if more than one then that would be the reason. Choose only one and hopefully that will clear it.

Thanks, that did the trick. It used the birthdays in my google calendar online and from my contacts. I now disabled my contacts and now its shows them correctly. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Glad it helped, I tend to select the calendar linked to my google account only. That way any changes made on phone or on google account keeps both systems up to date. Also means that should i ever reset my phone everything on my google account, including calendar events load back onto my phone, nothing is lost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones