1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Birthday Reminder <-> Facebook App ??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by eyc, Jun 29, 2010.

1. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Is there an independent app, or a configuration for the Facebook app, that gives a notification when someone's birthday is near or on?

I have a Facebook account with a bunch contacts, but I rarely log onto Facebook, whether by computer or phone. That said, Facebook is the only place that consolidates all of the birthdays that I would otherwise not know.

I know Facebook has an app that allows you to get birthday reminders within Facebook. But, is there a way to get the same reminder short of having to log on and browse my home page?

Advertisement

2. h0odlam

h0odlam Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    not as of now, but maybe they will update the facebook app

3. BreakTheStatic

Mar 25, 2010
    You can use the fb app called fdcal (fbCal.com - Facebook Calendar Generator) to import your FB events and birthdays into your Google Calendar, which in turn will sync to your phone (if you use gcal that is...) I know it's not the most direct solution, but it works well and is not overly difficult to setup.

4. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the tip. I used your advice and came up with a similar work-around for this. I installed the most well-established birthday reminder app within Facebook, called Birthday Calendar (which is actually pretty great). One of the options integrated into that app is to have it send an email to a designated email address when birthdays are near. That's it. Pretty simple.

5. shadylady88

shadylady88 Lurker

Jul 6, 2010
    I've looked in Facebook. Where is this app?

6. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
  7. Bronx1167

Bronx1167 Lurker

Oct 28, 2010
    The BirthdayBox app will automatically download birthday info from facebook and your contacts and give you notifications on your phone. You can even post on someone's wall right from the app, no need to log into facebook.

8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Ebo Birthday from the market works best for me, puts FB birthdays directly into my calender

9. Sendar

Sendar Lurker

May 24, 2011
  10. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Why not just log into FB on a PC, go to Account Settings, click on the notifications, and check the box to email birthdays to you.

You get an email to your phone with birthday reminders, no app needed.

11. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    Ditto that...it has been working for me.