• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Birthdays being shown incorrectly

ceepan

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
I have birthday details for some of my contacts entered into my googlemail account.

When I click Phone from the home screen and then select the a contact the Birthday section under information shows one day earlier, e.g. birthday set as 25th August shows as 24/08. Is this a known bug, and if not how do I report it to HTC?

Thanks,
Paul

I had this bug on my previous phone, (Hero android 1.5)) reported the issue to HTC. All dates previous to a particular date are displayed this way. I'll look to see if it's the same on my Desire and try to find the date at which the problem corrects itself to see if you had the same problem as I had.

Edit. Just checked on Desire and I don't have this problem any longer.

Upvote 0
I had this bug on my previous phone, (Hero android 1.5)) reported the issue to HTC. All dates previous to a particular date are displayed this way. I'll look to see if it's the same on my Desire and try to find the date at which the problem corrects itself to see if you had the same problem as I had.

Edit. Just checked on Desire and I don't have this problem any longer.

Are you running with the latest update published by HTC? I updated to this last Thursday. Hadn't noticed this issue before that, but it may have been there. My phone was supplied by 3 but is unbranded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones