• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

birthdays pulled from facebook are wrong

I have linked all of my contacts with whom I am Facebook friends to their Facebook profiles, and I chose to sync all of their birthdays from facebook. However, on the "updates and events" screen where it tells me about upcoming friends' birthdays, the birthdays show as the day BEFORE their actual birthday as seen on their FB profile. For example, a friend born on Jan. 9 shows up as Jan. 9 on the info page of their fb profile but Jan. 8 on the updates and events screen. oops.

I have this suspicion that it's because my local time is behind (-0500 from) UTC, and that the birthdays are being stored as midnight UTC on that day, which is 1900 of the day before in my time zone. Of course this is just a programmer's conjecture, but either way, the dates are consistently wrong.

--Cliff

Hey guys, I'm new. I googled the problem because I was having it too, but I think I have the solution. I know it's a pain, but unlink and relink each of your contacts. This fixed it for me. My wife's birthday was ringing up as January 25 (when I know for sure it's January 26...that's when I proposed last year), so I relinked her Facebook account and it's correct now.

So give it a shot. It should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones