1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Birthdays wrong

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lucids, Dec 29, 2011.

1. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I just noticed this on my desire HD running stock sense 3.0/2.35 and also a wildfire s on sense 2.1/2.35

In the contacts you set a birthday in the edit contact and save. But the date that is displayed afterwards when you scroll down to view the contact data always shows the day after that which was set.

This is unrelated to facebook or syncing as i tested this on standalone unsynced contacts and the wildfire s which has no FB account on it. It happens whether the contacts are set as phone or google. So if google is used and you set the birthday on there it still appears wrong on the phone.

Oddly when you go back in to edit contact it still has the correct date.

Is there a fix for this, and is HTC even aware of the problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

I've been meaning to ask this too - I'm experiencing exactly what you describe and, if I check the dates on my PC using Gmail/Contacts, they are correct there too. I wonder whether it's a date/time issue, but I believe all the settings are ok. If it's relevant, I'm in the UK and don't have a Facebook account (although I used to have one).

As a related question, and I'm sure I must be missing something obvious, is it possible to get birthdays from some or all of my contacts to show up in my calendar/agenda? When accessing my Google calendar from my PC, I can select a calendar called "Contacts' birthdays and events" which does exactly what I want, but I can't find an equivalent on my Desire HD. My workaround has always been to set up annually recurring all-day events, but it's not ideal, especially when Google's desktop calendar can do it all properly.

Thanks,

John

3. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I'm in UK also, it must be either an android issue or an HTC one as I posted tested without FB or syncing. I hope they fix it soon.
    Re the calendar I have to look at that also, when I find solution will post back here.

4. Veldskoen

Veldskoen Lurker

HTC Wildfire s on Sense 2.1 Android 2.3.3
    I have the same problem. In the contact the birthday shows a day late, but in the calander it shows the right date. When I go to edit the contact, it shows the right Birthdate! Sa soon as I hit save the veiw change the date to the next day!! This is just weird!!

I use DW Contacts & Phone, It's fantastic. The Birthday problem shows up on both phone applications Default (HTC People/Phone) & DW

I'm in NZ. I went to my service provider and they never heard of it. Just gave me the dumb look and said they can send the phone back.

Please Help!

5. Trueenigma

Trueenigma Lurker

I might be wrong but I think it might have something to do with the leap year not being factored in

6. JoJo68

JoJo68 Lurker

I am having the same issue with my sensation. As long as the birthday is for the year 1945 or before the date stays true, any year after this and the display date is plus one?

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews