1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Birthdays

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TeamTJ, Nov 19, 2009.

1. TeamTJ

TeamTJ Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I have had a Palm PDA for many years, and just recently got an HTC hero hoping to cut down on carrying 2 devices (phone & PDA).

On of my favorite apps on the Palm was HappyDays, HappyDays - PalmGear.com: Download Palm Software for your Treo, Centro, Tungsten, LifeDrive or other Palm OS Device

It was an app that let you put multiple events in a contacts custom field, and then view them in HappyDays and add them to your calendar, if you wanted.

For example, for my brother's entry, I could put:
    * Kurt 1/1/1960
    * MaryLou *3/27/1960
    * Anniversary 4/25/1990
    * Child1 10/10/1992
    * Child2 11/20/1994

Then, each line could be added to the calendar and would appear as:
    LastName, (whatever was after the *)

I hope that makes sense...

Is there an Android app that would do something similar? It's GREAT for families with kids to remember all their birthdays/anniversaries without having to have a separate contact entry for each.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. galt

galt Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Florida, USA
    You do not need ANY contact entries to add something to your calendar. That is how I do it. I set up each one with a reminder as appropriate. Phone calls get reminded day of, people I need to ship gifts to get rminded a week ahead as well. People who do texting get remonded at midnight so I can Happy Birthday them at midnight.

What I wish is that I could link a calendar event to a contact.