• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bizarre Handcent problem. Please help!

WizeGuyDezignz

Android Expert
Apr 18, 2010
San Diego
Ok guys, this is driving me up the wall. I did a factory reset this morning and I have everything back to how I had it. I am having one problem with Handcent however.

When my girlfriend sends me a text message, it is showing up as 5 different people sending it to me. In other words, as the sender, it will show "Joe;Jack;Kevin;John;Jennifer".

Coincidentally, the 5 names that it shows are the 5 "Favorites" contacts that I have for the "Favorites" widget.

I have tried everything I can think of. I checked to make sure her contact entry was clean and not linked to any of the other 4 people. I've cleared my contacts list and reloaded it. I've deleted her contact entry and typed it in fresh.

I am stumped. What is even strange is that I even cleared my entire contact list and when I got a text message from her it still is coming from 5 people.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ok guys, this is driving me up the wall. I did a factory reset this morning and I have everything back to how I had it. I am having one problem with Handcent however.

When my girlfriend sends me a text message, it is showing up as 5 different people sending it to me. In other words, as the sender, it will show "Joe;Jack;Kevin;John;Jennifer".

Coincidentally, the 5 names that it shows are the 5 "Favorites" contacts that I have for the "Favorites" widget.

I have tried everything I can think of. I checked to make sure her contact entry was clean and not linked to any of the other 4 people. I've cleared my contacts list and reloaded it. I've deleted her contact entry and typed it in fresh.

I am stumped. What is even strange is that I even cleared my entire contact list and when I got a text message from her it still is coming from 5 people.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Having the same prob - did you ever figure out a solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones