• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales?

Just got back from Radio Shack. They have the HTC One V for $99.99 Black Friday. They also have a "Red Hot Sale" from 11/18 - 11/21. In that one the Samsung Galaxie S II is $299.99 plus free $35 airtime. :D Both sales have coupons of $10 for every $50 spent. The Galaxie S II will get $50 in coupons. They cannot be combined so each coupon has to be used separately. :mad:

This is Virgin Mobile only. They have other sales for Boost, etc.

Did you see this online or was it something they told you about at the store? I've been looking for information on this sale, but have'nt found anything online.

*EDIT*

Called some local stores. At the first one the sales girl didn't know, told me to come in and look. Second one, guy confirmed the sale! IT'S ON!!!

Upvote 0
Did you see this online or was it something they told you about at the store? I've been looking for information on this sale, but have'nt found anything online.

*EDIT*

Called some local stores. At the first one the sales girl didn't know, told me to come in and look. Second one, guy confirmed the sale! IT'S ON!!!

I actually have the ad in my possession so it is definitely official. The salespeople in the stores are not kept up to date or properly trained which may be one of the reasons why they are having problems... :)

Upvote 0
I hope none of you buy a HTC EVO V 4G, you'd be disappointed. I'm thinking I need to sell my evo v before Friday so I can get the max money back for that stupid so called phone.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Evo V except for the Radio Interface Errors, which Virgin Mobile has said they're sending out updates to fix it this week. After that is fixed, the Evo will be a great phone. Everything else works perfectly.

I don't understand why people say it's a horrible phone, just because of ONE problem that can be fixed.

Upvote 0
Couldn't get the Kyocera Rise (for my wife, likes QWERTY and not a modder/hacker) on Amazon. Went to Target last night at 9 and got it for $30.

Yeah that was weird. I figured they would have flown off the shelves. When I went they had 2 on the shelf and it looked like 3 more behind the electronics counter on the floor. It seems like a pretty good phone even for $100 let alone for $30. I grabbed one from Target for my daughter. For her it will be a fantastic upgrade from her Intercept.

Upvote 0
For her it will be a fantastic upgrade from her Intercept.

Oh God yes. I had an intercept before my hacking/modding days and it was painful. Even after modding my wife's intercept...it still sucked. Got her the Optimus Slider, that was okay for her needs but even that ran out of memory with her minimal usage. Hopefully this will be sufficient enough or I'm gonna give her my Evo when I get my Nexus⁴.

Upvote 0
Oh God yes. I had an intercept before my hacking/modding days and it was painful. Even after modding my wife's intercept...it still sucked. Got her the Optimus Slider, that was okay for her needs but even that ran out of memory with her minimal usage. Hopefully this will be sufficient enough or I'm gonna give her my Evo when I get my Nexus⁴.

My husband curses his Intercept on a daily basis. He needs a QWERTY keyboard, so we bought a Rise for him. I was gonna get one too, but it was just not in the budget. I will pick up something after Christmas I think. I will be moving him to the Rise tomorrow, so hopefully it functions better than the POS Intercept

Upvote 0
Virgin Mobile Cyber Monday Deals:

Samsung Galaxy Reverb: $99.99
Samsung Galaxy SII: $299.99
HTC One V: $49.99
HTC Evo V: $149.99
Chaser: $49.99
Venture: $19.99
LG Optimus Slider: $99.99 + 1 Month of Service
Mifi 2200: $29.99
Ovation MC760: $19.99
Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot: 1/2 Off
U600 3G/4G USB Stick: 1/2 Off
Samsung Montage (payLo): $24.99

Deals are good for today only.

Reactions: james391
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones