1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

black galaxy s3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by poetric, Aug 9, 2012.

1. poetric

poetric Lurker

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

3. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

The only people allowed to have black SGSIIIs are employees. Giving them to the general public would just trigger another landslide of litigation from Apple. ;-)

4. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

As mush as we folks complained / were not sure about the Pebble Blue before launch & were begging for a Black S3, I have to say no thank you to the Black now. The Black just looks to plain jane compared to the Pebble Blue.

Once you go Pebble Blue...you never go Black

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I don't have a GS III but I went white and can't go back to black.

6. Crafty

Crafty Android Enthusiast

Wonder if this is the 64gb model? Use a different colour to differentiate ?

7. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I agree man...I wasn't really into it at 1st, but after owning the White, and saying damm wish there was a gun metal grey or black version....I have to say the Pebble Blue is straight up Hotttt!

No interest in a plain ol black phone.

treb1797 likes this.
  8. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Agreed on the blue.

treb1797 likes this.
  9. MalikBear

MalikBear Member

Lol, I have a black s3 thanks to my Otterbox case. Honesty, I just wouldn't go naked with an s3 or any other high end phone...

10. sorka

sorka Android Enthusiast

How ironic coming from the Sith apprentice :)

11. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert

Worst case I'd say it's photoshopped. Best case it's a pebble blue phone with a aftermarket black back cover. In the 2nd pic you can really see the difference between the black of the status bar and the color around the earpiece. Plus the band between the face and rear cover has a blue tint to it, like the pebble blue S3 does. Just my opinion.

A black S3 would be sweet if done correctly, like a black with the brushed metal accents like the pebble blue has. A plain black would be nice also, but I really like my pebble blue S3.

12. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert

It's not black. A clean black one would like nice with this design, but I find it a little frustrating how some articles come alive out of nothing. I won't be surprised if they come out with one, but that is not black. It's Pebble Blue. The Pebble Blue one looks black in certain conditions. One reason why I didn't want it, but it looks a lot better in person. I just find it funny because the image they are going off of has been around for a little while now. So it seems like they were bored and had to make something out of nothing.

13. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

hehehe...The Dark side is now Pebble Blue! Lol...I've always been a Black / Grey phone guy. But I'm just really diggin this Blue.

I do however have a Matte Black Diztronic case on it...kinda digging the metallic blue with the matte black.

14. treb1797

15. GJade

GJade Member

So, anyone hear? There's going to be a BLACK version of Galaxy S3 available soon. Black Samsung Galaxy S III coming soon - SlashGear

It's going to have the same specs as the other phones, but just in black.
    While I am 100% happy with my white one, I was wondering, is there anyone who wants to trade in their current one for this new black one? Or are there even people who were hesitant to get the S3 because they didn't have a black one? I wonder just how much sales will be affected when this comes out. :rolleyes:

16. substring

substring Android Enthusiast

No thank you. I have had too many black phones in the past already. Black is too mundane. White is the "In" color. I love my white phone.

17. Sleven7

Sleven7 Newbie

I'm going to get the s3 this week i can't decide on white or blue.. Not to interested in black

18. RoarOfZonda

RoarOfZonda Member

No thanks, white phones are very elegant imo

19. treb1797

Since this is like the 10th ( really 20th ) thread on color for the S3 I will run this line into the ground once again....

Once you go Pebble Blue you never go Black

20. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert

I agree. I'm glad companies are mixing it up now. I can't imagine myself buying a black phone for awhile if there is any other color available that isn't pink or purple.

21. RickyDavis1051

RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

pebble blue is UGGGGLLLLYYYYYY! White all the way

22. tammc

tammc Newbie

really wish the black was available from release. kinda bored with the white and im not to keen on coloured handsets

23. FreeRangers

FreeRangers Member

I'll probably buy a black one. The reason I didn't buy a S3 day one was because of the colors. In my opinion, (no offense to anyone who owns a white or blue S3) The blue looks cheap, almost like a toy, like you're not quite ready for a "grown-up" phone yet. As for white, it's the "in" and "trendy" color, it's the "I'm so cool, I have a white phone" phone. Again this is just my opinion, I mean no offense to people with those colors. Personally I prefer the sterile, lifeless, "cog in the machine" black color myself. ;)

24. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

Hey everybody check me the fcuk out - i've got a white phone :D

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews