• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Black & Green SystemUI

Samson Inc.

Sep 20, 2011
South Florida
Here it is! First off, let's get some stuff cleared up. That blue glow on the left and right ends of the quicksettings row is still there. I cant figure out where that file/code is for the life of me. Second, if an icon is still white, its because it's image file is in another apk - framework-res i think. Lastly, I'm running version D, so this came from that version.

Here's the link: http://db.tt/Eq2eMQEx

Install by copying this and pasting into /system/app. Set permissions to rw-r--r--, then restart your phone and enjoy. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR SYSTEMUI.APK FIRST!

2Gig, I'm looking at you for a zip... Lol.

Here it is! First off, let's get some stuff cleared up. That blue glow on the left and right ends of the quicksettings row is still there. I cant figure out where that file/code is for the life of me. Second, if an icon is still white, its because it's image file is in another apk - framework-res i think. Lastly, I'm running version D, so this came from that version.

Here's the link: http://db.tt/Eq2eMQEx

Install by copying this and pasting into /system/app. Set permissions to rw-r--r--, then restart your phone and enjoy. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR SYSTEMUI.APK FIRST!

2Gig, I'm looking at you for a zip... Lol.

What tool did you use to decompile and recompile the systemui.apk?

Upvote 0
What tool did you use to decompile and recompile the systemui.apk?

I use APK Multi Tool. There's a thread on one of the many Android phones sub forums on this site that has a How To on setting up APK Tool. Its mostly about having the right version of Java and setting up the right paths. Google "How to decompile apk" or something to that effect and you should come across it. Read it over, follow it, use the tool of your choice and have fun.

Upvote 0
I've tried apktool but my new systemui.apk always removes my status bar -,-
Has apk multi tool given you any problems like this one?

Nope. The only problem i had was when i first installed Multi Tool, i would have to uninstall then reinstall and reboot after each use. Then one day it just decided to get its act together. Otherwise, if I make a mistake it'll tell me there was a problem building the apk and cant continue.

Edit: Red is coming along...
2013-03-05-01-54-59.jpg

Reactions: adanmex
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones