• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Black HTC Hero....

the_milkman

Lurker
Jul 28, 2009
Hi All..

I am trying to get hold of a Black HTC Hero Sim-free... I have called about 5 online retailers and they are all telling me that the Black version will not be available on Sim-free. They also said that the white HTC hero will be the only colour available sim-free...

Has anyone else had the same feedback??

I am tempted to get an unlocked version on ebay in Graphite... but i'm not sure how to remove the Orange branded firmware and replace it with a HTC branded formware..

Can anyone give me an pointers...

Many thanks.. I cant wait to get my first android phone!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any sim-free Heroes that weren't white. Orange have a graphite one (which I've held, it's beautiful) and T-Mobile have a black one and a pink one, but both are locked and only available on contract.

I think the white one has an improved surface (correct???) so it's not all bad. I've heard it looks better in person than online photos make it look.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones