• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Black screen after camera/camcorder use

Eurosteve

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
Starting a few days ago - after I take a photo or video (or sometime after I view the gallery), I put the X down and the screen shuts off after the usual time out period but then I can't wake up the screen - it stays black.

The only way out of this is a battery pull. I uninstalled a bunch of apps thinking I had a rogue app but it hasn't helped. It seems to occur only after taking a photo or video or sometimes after viewing the gallery.

(I'm on stock Froyo, non-rooted).

Has anyone heard of this or seen it? It's very annoying. Any help greatly appreciated.

I just rebooted again (battery pull). I went to the gallery and only a couple of photos loaded, then the screen went blank. Looks to me like either the microsd card is corrupted or just the gallery folder. I'm going to try first deleting the dcim folder and seeing it that fixes things. I guess the next step would be to reformat the card?

Upvote 0
I remember this happening on .15 but not as much on .340

to me, it seemed to be a problem with the camera app interacting with the CPU

honestly, I quit having this problem after I started running the custom ROMs - not sure that totally helps, but just my .02

Thanks for the input. I've had the phone for about 3 months and this is the first time I've had any problems like this.

I ended up copying the sd card then formatting it. After I let the X set up the card I copied back files that looked like it had settings in them. So far the camera app and the gallery are working okay.

I wonder if my sd card somehow got corrupted. This first happened just a few days ago after I took a video. I will report back if I still have the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones