1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Black Screen Death?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j.clark.1990, Sep 26, 2011.

1. j.clark.1990

j.clark.1990 Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    So I honestly don't know what to do. Over the past few days my phone has been wigging out and not responding when I hit buttons, but it always seemed to fix itself if i let it sit for a minute. But last night I was on my phone when suddenly all the colors got messed up. It looked like someone took blue and smeared it across the screen randomly. And so I reset it and the screen is black. The backlight turns on when I turn it on but the screen remains black. I didn't drop my phone or anything like that. It was literally just sitting in my lap and had been in my pocket all day without being hit or getting wet or anything...Does anyone know what could be the problem???

Advertisement

2. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member
    None

Dec 3, 2010
    Information Systems
    I am not sure what the problem is but i would suggest going into the bootloader and doing a factory reset. If the phone is still powered on but blank, remove the battery and then place it back in. From there you're going to hold the volume down button then press and release power while still holding the volume down button and let go. This will bring you into the bootloader where you can select factory reset and then setup your phone like new.