1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support black screen, found a temporary fix, no longer works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Squeezit, May 30, 2011.

1. Squeezit

Squeezit Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    so i was sitting in the living room one day, receiving text messages every 10 minutes or so from this girl and another friend, then all of a sudden i open my phone to read a text that was sent to me, and my screen was black. my keyboard was lit up, but the screen was black.

so i figured the phone froze up or something, after a few minutes and more trying, i turned the phone off and on. that didn't fix it. however the issue with the phone was occasionally the back light would come on, and usually it wouldn't.

if i held it in sunlight however, i could occasionally (rarely) read the text that was sent to me.

then i found another fix, if i just opened the phone's keyboard and wait for the light to come on, it would come on 99% of the time.

as long as i didn't try and turn it on while it was closed. and if i did, i just had to shut the phone, and hit the power button to turn the backlight off, wait a second, then open it.

that worked for a few weeks, then suddenly it would occasionally open up and turn the backlight on, but the backlight would only light up a black screen.

shortly after that, within the next day, even if i take the battery out and put it back in, all i can get now is a black screen. No clue how to fix this, i just now tried holding the power button + home when i turned it on. i never got an exclamation mark or anything, so i just hoped and assumed it was on the right page, tried hitting alt + w and from there ive been letting it sit with no clue if it's even doing anything at all. though after a minute the backlight suddenly came on only to display a black screen again, so i'm assuming it rebooted or possibly reformatted but it's still broken.

oh also, whether i had the backlight on (and the black screen) or if i had no backlight at all and just a black screen, i could still click buttons on it. it still makes clicking sounds and such. Hell my alarm for work still comes on everyday (unfortunately at the wrong time -_-) and the only reason i can turn the alarm off is by hitting the generally correct spot for dismiss.

t-mobile won't help me because even though my contract was over, i ended my service with them and went on a family plan. Apparently that immediately voided my warranty.

I have never dropped my phone, never got it wet, for awhile i didn't even bring my phone anymore cause the battery died in it. but i went out and bought a new battery for the phone, and this is the next problem i face with it. I intend to get a new droid eventually but this phone has had the shortest life out of any cell phone i've ever had so I'm a little bit irritated. I take extremely good care of all my electronics and I haven't got a clue as to how this could happen aside from faulty hardware. Although i've considered it, i haven't even hacked or modded or whatever this phone.

I'm at a loss, I have no clue what else to do, does anyone know what might cause this? what my options might be, if any at all?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Gosh Squeezit, that is a bummer. I wish I had a fix for you but I'm at a loss. Hopefully someone familiar with your device will chime in with a solution. In any event, I wanted to welcome you to AF.

Tags: