1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Black screen of Doom!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JustJayne, Oct 10, 2014.

1. JustJayne

JustJayne Lurker

Hey everyone,

My Samsung Galaxy 4, which I love, did something super weird twice now. The first time it happened, I was walking home listening to music, and suddenly my phone totally died. It had tones of battery power left, it just went black. No matter what, I couldn't turn it back on. Panicked, I put it back in my pocket and hurried home. About 20 minutes later I heard it boot back up, and it was totally fine.

This morning, my alarm on my phone woke me up as normal. I hit the stop, rolled over, and went back to sleep. I woke up later surprised that it hadn't gone off again, and found that my phone was completely dead. I plugged it in, and the little blue light started flashing, but I couldn't turn the phone on at all. Not even the little battery came up to tell me it was charging. I took the battery out and put it back in, and it booted up fine with almost 70% battery power.

There were months between these two instances. It's not happening all the time, but it totally freaks me out. Should I be worried?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

It sounds like you have a dodgy battery connection. Suggest you take the battery out and check that the contacts are clean and that the battery is a snug fit when you put it back in. Its possible that its an intermittent fault within the battery ( in which case a new battery would solve it) or, it could be an intermittent bad connection within your phone. If it becomes much more frequent and a new battery does not solve it you might think about a warranty return/repair shop - but at the moment its probably not worth that much hassle.

Once again, welcome - do post back if you want to discuss it more.

Roger

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews