1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Black screen on bootup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qccoles, Apr 25, 2011.

1. qccoles

qccoles Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    After downloading drivers to my desktop and hooking the phone up to it via usb, I went to the removable disk and made windows do a check on it...I did it because the market wont download with the SD card in so I thought i should try to scan it for errors... after that I went through and deleted crap like videos that I had on it...after using the "safely remove hardware" thing on the computer, i pressed turn off usb storage on the phone...the little circle was going around and then the phone went to the "Android" boot screen...

It took longer than usual to get passed this screen...about 2 minutes, its usually <30 seconds. Now after the ANDROID screen has passed, i'm at a black screen with nothing on it but the backlight...

Should I take the battery out and restart the phone? It's been on this screen for about 15 minutes now and I'm afraid that If I take it out then i'm interrupting something...and it'll really corrupt the phone...I didn't do the $5 warranty on it because I used the card from the store...what do I do?

Advertisement

2. qccoles

qccoles Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    nevermind, it booted up after I restarted it, thanks anyways!

Tags: