• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Black screen on inspire 4g

Jayy427

Feb 23, 2012
Well basically what the topic says. My sisters phone suddenly had a black screen. He knows nothing about root. She does have the phone unlocked and is on tmobile. She bought it unlocked. I pull the battery and turn it on but nothing pops up. The only thing it does is power on and the bottom keys light up. That's about it. Anybody know how to fix this let me know. Any help is great.

Thanks

i'm having a similar problem. I've read the effin manual, time after time.

for some reason the hack locked after radio downgrade. I'm assuming I missed a vital step...... not sure which one. I had the phone rooted and cynogen installed. Wasn't operating properly. Ran hack kit and it froze at radio downgrade.

When I pull the battery and restart the white HTC screen appears ad goes to black. I'm at a loose. All I can find is "read the effin-manul" and I have time and again and can't find the fix.

Can someone PLEASE help!

Thanks

I've tried the volume down and power buttion. That doesn't work because it appears that the root failed while radios were installing causing the OS to not be responding or the boot menu not all there....

I knew I shoulda left the phone alone....

I'm currently downloading the file from this thread
http://androidforums.com/inspire-4g...-enable-usb-debugging-before-rooting-t_t.html

But don't know how to run it after it dls seeing that I cant access anything on the phone.....

Can get the phone into the hboot mode by battery pull and holding volume down and power. Factory reset gets me back to the black screen.

Recovery does the same thing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones