1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root black screen please advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saga13mx, Jun 26, 2011.

1. saga13mx

saga13mx Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    hello my screen just when black and manufacturer told me that im still under warranty but they told me that if unauthorized software was found on the phone i will be liable for the repairs. since the screen is not working, can they find out that my phone is rooted?
    like i said the screen is not working but i can receive and make calls so i think the phone is working just fine and the damage is only on the screen.

any advice?? thanks

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    moved your thread to the rooting section

3. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    So you say the screen went black...does that mean it won't turn on? or does that mean it will turn on but the screen is just black? If it is truly broken and will not turn on, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it is turning on but the screen is just black, you may need to look into unrooting without being able to see the screen a little more. I believe I have seen some threads related to this before (due to screen cracking badly). If you can't find any I will try to put in some searching for you.

Obviously get rid of anything incriminating on the SD card before sending it in...although I think most places ask you to remove the SD card anyway.

4. saga13mx

saga13mx Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    hey did you find out how to unroot without the screen? i have the same problem as you. please let me know. thanks

5. saga13mx

saga13mx Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    hey mdizzle99 thanks for responding to my thread, it looks like the only thing damaged on my phone is the screen, i tried searching for threads with similar problems but i only find these one http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/354449-help-unrooting.html but theres not really a solution there.
    im worried that ones i send my phone to the manufacturer with phone rooted they are going to find out and charge for the reapirs.
    can you please point me to the steps to unroot my phone with my broken screen? thanks

6. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    Check this thread: [SOLVED] Flash custom ROM with ADB - xda-developers

It is not for the Evo but the commands should be the same I think.

Once you flash the s-on tool in recovery you can run the RUU from your pc instead of using hboot.

7. saga13mx

saga13mx Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    ohh man thanks for the reply but i have no idea what to do with that info, im not that savy on this matter and it looks pretty complicated, please remeber that i cant see anything on my phone screen

8. Stubby1

Stubby1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    NC
    The EVO comes tears down fairly easily. I would search for a breakdown of internal components and this should show you how it comes apart.. I had searched this before the EVO came out and if memory serves it was pretty easy to replace parts. I work for a phone component manufacture and wanted to see if our chips were in it. Safely they weren't. I think there are some evos on eBay could use as parts.
    Just thought another view point might help.

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    merged your posts here.
    so i found this thread that covers how to setup adb and some of the commands.
    [Q] setting up adb - xda-developers. once you have adb setup on your computer, you can from your computer, basically flash the s-on tool and push the PC36IMG file on to your sd card all by using adb commands. just use the link that xtreme provided.

10. saga13mx

saga13mx Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: