1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Black screen with boot animation stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rycky91, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Rycky91

Rycky91 Lurker

Hello everyone!!

TIFU. I have a rooted em756 tab. I installed jrummy ROM toolbox lite and changed the boot animation to a custom one. After a reboot the tablet was stuck on unfortunately com.android.media has stopped and system ui has stopped.

I did a complete wipe data factory reset but forgot that the boot animation is in /system/media so the custom boot ani is still there. now the tab gets stuck on BLACK SCREEN. i tried ADB but without USB debugging enabled and no TWRP for the thing, I cannot find a solution. Could someone please help me?

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so you can't boot into twrp at all?

3. Rycky91

Rycky91 Lurker

I cannot find a version of TWRP made for the em756. It boots and is just a black screen

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well just my opinion....i never rooted a device unless it has a custom recovery. it is your life line, from a bricked device, to a working one.

rom manager apps are also something i would never recommend either. they tend to screw things up more time then not.

not being familiar with your device you might want to see if there is a firmware for your specific device to flash. this might unroot you or lock your bootloader, but at least you will have a working device.

if there is no firmware for you to flash then i'm not quite sure what you can do.