1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Black Screen!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by happyroot, Sep 12, 2011.

1. happyroot

happyroot Newbie

What does wiping the cache do could it possibly help my situation at all? Also would it be safe for me to do a factory reset since I did not load a custom ROM?

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Once your rooted you must never use the factory reset in the privacy setting on the phone. It will brick your phone. You can only use the" wipe data/factory reset"option in your recovery.
    I'm at work on lunch break and have to use phone which means I can't link you to the site that has the cure. Check in the "all things root" sub forum. If you still have not found it by the time I get off work I'll find it for you.

mkbkr1 likes this.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  4. AndyOpie150

Thanks NoNameFace,after reading the OP's original post it would appear that the OP doesn't have a Optimus "S" screen as I had first thought.

happyroot:Did you make a backup of your system in your recovery(this is called a nandroid backup)? This should have been the first thing that you should have done after installing a recovery.

If the answer is yes then go to your recovery and wipe and format all these things:
    1.wipe cache partition.
    2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
    3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
    4.format boot,system,data,and cache(found in the mounts and storage option)
    Then go to the backup and restore option and select restore. Then select the backup that you want to restore. When it is done select reboot system now.

If you did not make a backup in your recovery,then you will have to install a custom ROM,and gapps if the ROM is a Gingerbread ROM.

5. happyroot

happyroot Newbie

One of the apps I installed messed had messed my system up and I had to reinstall everything.

No I have never done a nandroid backup.

Why can't I use factory reset when I'm rooted? I thought that only applied when I was using custom rom.

6. AndyOpie150

It will brick your phone.

You need to make a nandroid backup, now that your rooted and can change,or delete system files, so when you mess something up(we all have), then all you have to do is go back into your recovery and restore your system to exactly like it was when you made the backup(thats all the data and apps exactly how and where they were) case in point^^^^. If you had made a backup then you could have just gone into your recovery and wiped 3 things and formatted 4 and then went to restore option and restored your whole system, apps and all, in less then 7min.

Tags: