• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Black Screen

k8washere

Lurker
Oct 23, 2010
I replaced the screen on my Ally and after I got everything back together the screen doesn't show up. The buttons light up and I can hear the sound but the screen stays black. I switched it back to the old one and now that one is black too. Am I hooking something up wrong? Did I miss something when I put it back together? Help!

you may have hooked something up wrong, however when you do it yourself you take these risks, it is possible you damaged something when taking the old one off, or may have dropped something, spilled something, sweat, doesnt matter, these things happen and it is the risk you take when you do hardware stuff yourself, you may need to take it to a professional electronics guy/girl and see what they can do for you to identify the problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones