• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Black spot on rear camera pics

My LG G3 (LG-D850) has this weird blurry spot in all the pictures taken with the rear camera. The camera lens was shattered but the spot appeared after I removed the lens cover so I could take the jagged glass out. I've already tried cleaning the internal lens but it had no effect. I can make the spot go out of view if I zoom the camera in. Any idea what the problem is or how I can fix it? Picure ↓↓View attachment 95420

A fragment of glass or dust particle or some other contamination that's right on or very near the image sensor itself possibly, that's under the lenses. And if you're digitally zooming it will go out of frame, because that's only using a small central part of the whole sensor area. How you can clean it, it might depends if you can take the camera module itself apart, because the image sensor and lenses are usually a single module assembly. Might have to use compressed air on it, to blow it out, but very carefully though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones