1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Black Verizon silicone case vs diztronic v3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeffruby, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    I got the VZW Black Silicone case to use until I got the Diztronic and I gotta say the Diztronic is way better IMO and half the Price I paid $9 shipped for the Diztronic and I paid $20 for the VZW and that was with a discount it retails at $25 .

The VZW probably would give a little more protection but it just seemed very cheap and overpriced it reminded me of some cheap cases I bought off ebay for my Incredible that were only $3 each . The Diztronic fits with the extended battery as well . My only complaint is the volume buttons should be cut out ( which it looks like they are doing now ) other the that I love the case . I also used the Casemate Barely there case and like this one better especially since it fits the extended battery

If you like the bulkier VZW case I'd just buy a silcon case on ebay for $5 it's probably the same thing

Advertisement

alostpacket and trophynuts like this.
  2. Ltgk20

Ltgk20 Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    I have both as well and I think the Diztronic is a better overall case, however, there is one thing I like better about the Verizon one: The volume control cover on the Diztronic is much better and works the volume controls much more easily. Unfortunately, I find myself constantly, accidentally adjusting the volume. In the end I went back to the Verizon one because it doesn't transmit force to the volume keys nearly as efficiently.

alostpacket likes this.
  3. hlsilver

hlsilver Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    The Diz is a great case, cheap, excellent customer support, great fit (extended and standard battery). You really can't beat it for $9. The matte just doesn't have enough grip to it for me. I use it whenever I dont feel the need for tons of protection, mostly just at home. Haven't used the protector that came with the case although I did notice it doesn't have a cut out for the front facing camera.

alostpacket likes this.
  4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY

If you email diz and tell them this you're likely to get a a rev 3 with the volume cutouts as a free replacement.

No guarantees but they are very nice like that. I'd just be sure to be polite, etc.

:D

Ltgk20 likes this.
  5. overbyc1

overbyc1 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Male
    Cable Guy
    East NC
    I'm using the holster from the Verizon Shell/Holster combo. Rev3 fits right in there. Im using the extended battery backplate as well.

Recommend!

ChappellHeel likes this.
  6. EraserXIV

EraserXIV Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Got the SGP Ultra Oleo in today. Much better than the one that comes with the Diztronic. In terms of clarity, it is very clear, but the one that came with the Diztronic was very clear as well. The issue with the Diztronic was the rainbow effect and it being a grease magnet. The SGP has no rainbow effect, and barely picks up any fingerprints. Only gripe is that it isn't edge to edge, but I can live with that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    For any interested, the Diztronic rev 3 looks almost EXACTLY the same as the Rocketfish case you can get at Best Buy. I mean, close enough that I think they are the same case, but the Diztronic has its logo.

Tags: