1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Blackberry Playbook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Germwise, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    There are a couple of other posts regarding the playbook but those are much older.

I hadn't even paid attention to the playbook since I am not a blackberry fan but I decided to look at some videos on youtube. I would encourage you to do the same.

The OS and UI look absolutely fantastic. Everything is smooth and their take on multitasking is great!

Too bad its RIM.

I hope android can go in this direction.

Advertisement

2. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    http://www.androidwaypoint.com
    Michigan
    I owned a Blackberry before I got my Droid X and I was pretty happy with it. My biggest beef with RIM is that I had to keep sending my Curve back until I got the Curve 2. But I don't know if im interested in a in a Playbook. I have a Galaxy Tab and I am happy with Android for a tablet. I will check it out though.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    It is interesting to me to see how much the Playbook is going to sell for and what kind of battery life it's going to have. I love seeing the tablet wars heat up. The iPad rules the tablet market right now, but this year we're going to see Android tablets that are officially blessed by Google as well as the Playbook and, likely, a WebOS tablet from HP. It'll be very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

4. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Tech Admin
    The playbook is the real deal. Fast, fluid, and amazing functionality. Problem is you have to tether to a bb to use basic email and calendar functions at this point. Until they fix this is will be a speciality device for bb fans.

I would also recommend they consider a 10 inch model. 7 is great for travel. 10 is good regular home or office use.