• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blackberry Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms...get 'em while they're hot!

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
Something only a previous owner of a BB will understand, and maybe not even most of them. ;)

For those of you who came from the BB world and are missing your BB ringtones, notifications, etc. I found this on Pinstack, posted over a year ago. For some odd reason I found I was jonesing for my old BB notification sounds, and am very happy to get them back... :)

Copied them into my SD card into the following folders...not sure this matters to the Droid, but I wanted to keep them organized.

Notifications (Notifications)
Ringtones (Ringtones and tunes)
Alarms (Alarms)

Enjoy. :D

Attachments

• BB-Ringtones.zip
    140.6 KB · Views: 24,184
How can you set these to beep more than once though?

I am from the blackberry and am used to the sonar notifier, but, on my blackberry I could choose how often the sound was repeated. On the hero I cannot.

Any suggestions?

I know what you mean...I took the lightspeed tone and used an audio editor to dupe the tone sound in the file, and saved the file out and put it on my SD card... :)

Upvote 0
does anyone know why these ringtones (installed into a Ringtones directory on the droid) come up as selectable automagically in the "phone ringtone" pulldown but not the "notification ringtone" pulldown? the droid's notification tones kinda blow; the bb's are much better.

Probably because the Droid is looking in the "right" folder for what you are looking for...if the app is requesting Notification, and the sound you are looking for is in the Ringtones folder, then it may not see it...easy fix is likely to copy any sounds you want available as a Ringtone, Notification, or Alarm, into all three folders...

Reactions: SLR 722
Upvote 0
How can you set these to beep more than once though?

I am from the blackberry and am used to the sonar notifier, but, on my blackberry I could choose how often the sound was repeated. On the hero I cannot.

Any suggestions?

Use something like Audacity to copy and paste the tone repeatedly, however many times you want, till it is about 30 seconds long. Then export it as an mp3 file.

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting but Im curious, how do I get these onto my phone? I tried to dl them onto my phone directly but no success. Any suggestions.

1. go to Android Marketplace and download Astro File Manager
2. zip files into folders (i.e. all notifications to notifications and then zip that folder)
3. email zipped folders to yourself.
4. download
5. open zipped folder in Astro (you should see the "notifications" nonzipped foldeR)
6. long press --> edit --> copy
7. press "home"
8. long press --> edit --> paste

should work for you

----

Thanks for these, they rock! Anyone have the "Outlook" chime for email tho? My ex had this on her BB and I totally want it... Dont see it in the tones though.

Upvote 0
Ok- I'm having some problems here. I have downloaded the ZIP file to my computer and have copied it over to the SD card. I can't seem to figure out how to get the ring tones to load onto the phone. I don't see "notifications" folders that you guys are talking about. I'm on 2.1-update1. Any help would be GREAT.

Upvote 0
Ok- I'm having some problems here. I have downloaded the ZIP file to my computer and have copied it over to the SD card. I can't seem to figure out how to get the ring tones to load onto the phone. I don't see "notifications" folders that you guys are talking about. I'm on 2.1-update1. Any help would be GREAT.

We created the folders on the SD Card using Astro. Or, at least I did.

You have to make sure the folders are unzipped as well. As soon as they're unzipped and on your SD card, use the "Android Music System" to select your ringtone/notification/alarm and select one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones