1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Blackberry to Atrix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by julianandrod, Feb 21, 2011.

1. julianandrod

julianandrod Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Well to start I've never had a touch screen phone, or android. I've stuck with a blackberry for about 3 years now and I really do like it, it's easy to type, keeps me connected to my business etc.

Now, I have been looking into Android phones for a while and I have become borderline obsessed and since i have AT&T I have been looking into the Atrix.

Will i adapt well from a blackberry to the Atrix? I want a good business phone that i can have two e-mail accounts wired to it and also an android phone with all the awesome apps i've seen. Another thing i like how small the blackberry is, is the Atrix too big? Thank you!

Advertisement

2. francodman

francodman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm making the switch from the Bold to the Atrix, and the best piece of advice I could give you would be to go to an AT&T store/Best Buy and try out the phone.

3. ycrazyy

ycrazyy Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I'm very interested in this as well. I plan on going to RS or the AT&T store tomorrow to go check it out. I am very hooked on my Blackberry Enterprise stuff and worry about how well Android / Atrix plays with MS Exchange servers. I have read stories of people having severe problems on other Moto Android sets and it makes me nervous as I really rely on the speed and reliability of our back end servers to do a lot of work. I'm just tired of Blackberry at this point (switching from a Bold 9700) and have been on the lookout for a new super phone for a while.

4. julianandrod

julianandrod Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Alright yeah I guess I'll stop by today and test it out, just curious how it will feel with an all touch screen as opposed to a physical keyboard

5. ycrazyy

ycrazyy Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I will tell you, it's definitely going to take some getting used to. Especially the lack of a multitouch keyboard. The Atrix doesn't seem to like how fast i type (I am used to keys so I have my fingers on the next key while typing) so it will often miss characters for me. I'm going to try out SwiftKey or something along those lines.

6. julianandrod

julianandrod Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I tried it out and I'm in love with it! The size, the screen, the typing wow. This is a great phone but i don't think i'm ready for an upgrade :/ what are my options??

7. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    Houston, TX
    Could find someone in family who is eligible an ask can you use their upgrade or you can eat the cost at retail :(

8. julianandrod

julianandrod Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    damn, i checked no one in my plan is eligible for an upgrade :/ this really does blow. Does anyone know what other android phone i should get until February of 2012 (yes that's when i am eligible)

9. ace3316

ace3316 Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    currently searching
    33301, 15222
    I'm in the same boat. I've been thinking about switching from my Blackberry Bold over to the Atrix 4G. I am holding out to see more reviews from users and AT&T's HSPA+/4G does not seem to be fully activated. Why get a phone that is suppose to run on 4G when there is no 4G?

One review on one of the bigger tech sites said that when the phone is connected to the laptop dock, it tends to run slower when used as a laptop. I wonder if anyone else experienced this?