1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Blackberry to bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bxtzd3, Aug 27, 2011.

1. bxtzd3

bxtzd3 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    i am looking to go bionic. my wife and i are both bb storm users and she want a steve jobs special so no real need for bb messenger. i need , for business, email and messaging. i need it to be reliable. so i guess my issue is, with the new bb's coming out, it is becoming harder to find a reason to move to android.

so my question is, are there any bb storm users on here going to the bionic and if so why? is the push mail good. messaging as well. i know the water is cold but will i get used to it once i jump in.
    thanks

Advertisement

2. YodaDroid

YodaDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    I used to have a BB curve (sorry, old school).

Can honestly say that once you switch, you'll wonder what took you so long to do so. The blackberry OS at its core is just a lot less efficient and slower than the Android or Ios systems.

Things such as voice emailing / texting in android (if you're in your car, you just speak the words "Email Jim Delaney I'll be late for the meeting" and it will automatically send that email). No need to do anything else (this is on android only). This is all available now.

Add that to the search functions for more powerful email searching, and you'll see what I mean.

For Bionic, they've added in an individual cloud software (proprietary to Moto however) that lets you access your files, music, videos from your home or work PC on your phone. You can even play music / videos loaded on your home PC from your phone (if you don't trust the cloud services to not get sued by the RIAA or MPAA and release your info).

List goes on and on. You'll see soon enough.

And yes, Android also has push email.

bxtzd3 likes this.
  3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Not to mention there's how RIM views you as a customer. I can't say I refuse to sell them as if a customer truly wants a BB device, than that's what they're going to get. But after all the training I've done on them, I can safely say they'll never have me as a customer.

4. BringItSon

BringItSon Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I have a Storm 2 and now getting android for the first time.. I mean way i see it, BB is no where as good as Android. Browsing sucks. multi tasking sucks. Browsing is worst. most importantly apps are not as good.

A lot of my friends got BB when they first got smartphones. now all of them made the switch to android.However, if you are soley using for Emails, sure i guess that can justifiy it. Android has better alternative to BB messengers too...

BB storm 2 was one of the worst investment ive ever made... There is a reason why many analysts say that BB is going to lose more markets in the future.. .It simply cannot compete with Android and iOS. it loses in almost every category.

and sorry for the rant. I am still pissed at my self that i ended up with this crap.

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    I have been using the brand new BB 9930 for the past week now and I can tell you with full confidence that Android is much better than OS7. I can't wait for this phone to be released so I can get rid of this phone!

johnlgalt likes this.
  6. BringItSon

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Yea BB simply cant compete with IOS and i think Android. It took me 5 min with my Ipad to realize this. Also there is a reason why many analysts think the BB sales will continue to decline.

[​IMG]

that is quite a dramatic decline. LoL

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    I like how the Moto jumped hugely as of Nov 08 - and showed another increase a year later....

Extrapolating the continued progression of hte lines, one could easily state that the OEM priority, based upon current standings, is probably

Motorola
    HTC
    Samsung
    LG
    RIM
    (I'm guessing Palm is not even included anymore)

8. YodaDroid

YodaDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Where did you get the source data for this graph?

9. BringItSon

None

Aug 9, 2011
    i forgot the website, but it says in the picture that source is "ITG investment research, INC"

10. bxtzd3

bxtzd3 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    thanks. i think its a deal. im not gonna wait till whatever the rumor is for the next great thing. i think the bionic is it. i worked on cell phones for a while and had issue with htc, and sammy's. thanks for the reply

11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Great choice! Blackberry's MAJOR MAJOR problem is apps. BB App World is awful compared to Android Market and App Store. The apps are always worse than its counterparts on the other OSs, if it even exists at all. There are several apps that are non-existent on BB that I used to use often. I really feel the lack of those apps. The biggest one is MTA subway and bus system.

12. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    South Carolina
    Blackberry is a piece of junk, and I am constantly in awe of the things my wife Droid can do, the apps for it, and everything about it.

My current Storm 2 is nothing but garbage. No good apps for it, 4th battery in this thing now cause it keeps destroying them (phone is ~9 months old, the first 2 I had were DOA, so this is my 3rd Storm 2).

All in all, I've had nothing but trouble out of BB devices. Its time for me to make the switch instead of being the guy in awe. :)

13. BringItSon

None

Aug 9, 2011
    yea same here... Storm 2 has nothing on Android or IOS. except being able to click... i gotta say though, i am gonna miss the sensation of clicking the screen.

14. johnlgalt

None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    3rd Rock
    This might change your mind to wait lol....

Verizon Wireless exclusively launching Samsung DROID Prime in October

The rumor, while stated from a trusted source, means that Google is going to VZW only for the Prime? Somehow that don't seem right. lot of developers are not going to be happy if this is indeed the next iteration of the Nexus series.

however, if Google also sells it from their own site open to anyone who wants to develop (Which I see as being the case) then I can understand it better.

15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    There is some debate on the "Droid" branding. (See Nexus Prime threads)

The DROID Prime, regardless, would be exclusive to Verizon, since they are the only Droid carriers. But other carriers would still easily be able to have their own [insert name here] Primes.

All of this, of course, is pure speculation at this point. ;)

16. johnlgalt

None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    3rd Rock
    That makes sense as well...

17. Rayw796

Rayw796 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Male
    IT Director
    Folsom, CA
    I had a Storm 1 two years ago. I gave a lot of thought to getting a Storm 2 or the OG Droid, I decided on the Droid and have never had any second thoughts. I would never go back to BB.