• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Blackberry tour charger not sufficient?

The first couple of days i had my x i decided to keep using the charger from the tour to charge my x and just use my x charger as a usb sync cable to my computer.

After a couple of days of going six hours on an over night charge and not being able to find a solution i decided to use the x charger insted and ended up gettin 18 hours out of my battery.

Im not sure if the bb charger was damaged or if it's just that the two chargers did not have similar ratings. But just thought i would throw that out there as there are many phones and devices that share a micro usb charge port now.

Chargers can have different current ratings. USB from a computer is usually 500mA, while wall chargers can be higher (which results in faster charge). The mA your charger puts out affects the rate of charge, not whether you phone's battery reaches max or not.

If the phone says 100% charged it shouldn't matter how you charged it (by USB, Moto charger, or 3rd party).

Now if charging using your BB charger doesn't result in your phone hitting 100% (regardless of length of charge), then I'd say you have a problem with the charger.

Upvote 0
Chargers can have different current ratings. USB from a computer is usually 500mA, while wall chargers can be higher (which results in faster charge). The mA your charger puts out affects the rate of charge, not whether you phone's battery reaches max or not.

If the phone says 100% charged it shouldn't matter how you charged it (by USB, Moto charger, or 3rd party).

Now if charging using your BB charger doesn't result in your phone hitting 100% (regardless of length of charge), then I'd say you have a problem with the charger.

That's what was strange about it... the charge would reach 100 percent yet would drain faster than if i use my x charger.

Upvote 0

One slight correction on charging through the USB on a computer. In Windows (not sure about linux or OS X), if the device is not configured properly (drivers installed) than the current output to that device will be limited to 100mA. Once the device is configured it can start pulling more current.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones