1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Blank Home Screen when Waking phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kentl901, Jul 31, 2010.

1. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Hey all,

Has anyone had any of this? My phone would be in my pocket, but if I were to take it out and check my mail, the screen would be blank. I would see the wallpaper and the 3 icons on the bottom of the screen (phone, application drawer, and contacts).

It'd lag for a bit before things show up. When I say lag, I mean a pretty significant lag.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    Start to have significant issues like that in the last few days ever since I installed launcher pro don't know if the two are connected. But every day since day one something elder occurs but trying to hold out before exchanging or returning. I am sure Moto will have a patch for the issues as the complaints pile up. Besides that I love the X and don't want to loose it.

3. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I get that problem when I either mount or dismount the X from the car dock.

4. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I believe that is just a inherent lag with the android os, my droid 1 also had a lag issue, the more programs installed the larger the probability for lag issues, i noticed the launcher lag, but also a lag with the scroll of the program, menu

5. maquina

maquina Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've had this happen a few times also. The screen is exactly as you describe it. I hit the home button when it happens and all of the icons come up again. Weird. It happens to me when i exit an app usually.

6. fdnyfish

fdnyfish Active Member

May 6, 2010
    same here after installing launcher pro

7. vetvipe

vetvipe Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Maryland
    I was having those issues too. The screen would go completely black and unresponsive. After about 30 seconds or so I could double tap the home button and the Voice Comands would come up. I would usually have to restart the phone. I think mine might have been related to the Fancy Widget I was running. I noticed it made my phone lag quite a bit, and would often fail to update. Since I removed it I haven't had the black screen.

8. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    It's happened a few time to me also. Maybe 5 second delay (aka - eternity) at most. Sometimes it's on wake, sometimes it's when exiting an app.

It was worse when I would use ATK to kill multiple tasks. I stopped using and uninstalled ATK. Now I use Memory Usage to surgically extract apps from the memory occasionally.