1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

blank page

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blooman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. blooman

blooman Lurker

hello and good evening. i have just joined and will probably be asking a lot of questions, not for myself (i prefer my dark ages phone) but for my daughter. i have just purchased a rapid 5 for her and i would like to know how to get a blank page on it for my daughter to pracice her typing on (she is 4)
    colin

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pbf98

pbf98 Android Expert

Could you possibly provide more info on the phone? I have tried finding what kind of phone it is, but can't come up with any results.

Never to early to get kids started with something that will be a big part of their life, though many will disagree.

3. blooman

blooman Lurker

hello, sorry i should have said, its a 7" tablet, got it off ebay its a chinese one (arent they all!) i am trying to get my head around the operating system and as it had no manual its taking a while:thinking:

4. pbf98

pbf98 Android Expert

ok, if it is android you can go to the market and type in Notepad, and several free apps should come up. If you don't have a gmail account you may need to sign up for one.

once in a notepad app it should be easy sailing from there.

that is all assuming it is running android

5. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

The noname chinese tablets often have their own (not Google's) app store. If it's running 2.3 at a minimum, you should be able to install Play store and be good to go.
    One thing to watch out for is that these el-cheapo chinese tablets sometimes run older versions of Android, skinned/themed to look newer than they really are

6. blooman

blooman Lurker

thanks i will give it a go

7. blooman

blooman Lurker

hello, its supposed to be running jelly bean 4. something or other, is there a way to check out what it really is?

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Moved thread into Tablet Talk, as this is about an Android tablet.

9. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

there should be a notepad app in there by default--if I am not mistakened, it's one of Android's basic core apps, like calculator and calendar.

it is likely running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Jellybean would be Android 4.1 I think