• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blank Screen During/After a Call

Hi everybody!

I have an HTC Desire and I managed to break the LCD. I had the LCD and touchscreen replaced (don't ask long story) and now I have the following issue:

When I make a call and even before I lift the phone to my ear the screen goes blank. None of the buttons work but the call is fine - I can be heard/hear the other person. When the other person ends the call the phone bips to tell me the call is over, but the screen stays blank. I can re-activate the screen by receiving a missed call - ie calling my phone and then hanging up re-activates the screen. In addition, when my phone rings the screen is fine, but as soon as I answer the call and lift the phone to my ear the screen goes off as before. The only other way to bring the screen back is to remove the battery. Whilst the screen is blank I loose all touch-screen capability too.

Everything else on the phone works perfectly, sync to email, text, GPS, camera, internet etc all not a problem.

Any ideas or have I truely rodgered my phone?

Thanks

I think I know what this is. It's the proximity sensor, when you place the phone near to your ear, it goes blank (may be to save the battery). If you have a plastic cover or something that is blocking the sensor, that could be it. You can press the power button and will bring up (don't have to remove the battery).

HTH,
Pav

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones