1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blank Screen problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bennybenny15, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Bennybenny15

Bennybenny15 Lurker

Earlier today my phone fell, but it wasn't from very far of the ground and it has a cover so I assumed the phone was ok, but when I checked it, it has no cracks or any damage whatsoever, but the screen went blank. The app switcher key and the back key turn on when I press the home screen and I can see the LED light flashing because of notifications, but the screen is blank and there's no haptic feedback when I press the keys, even if they are on when I press them. What should I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Bennybenny15 :)

It sounds as though your internal screen connector ribbon has been jolted loose during the fall. This is not something that you can easily access without disassembling the phone, which is a skilled job.

Bennybenny15 likes this.
  3. Bennybenny15

Bennybenny15 Lurker

That actually makes a lot of sense, if I shake the phone I can hear something rattle. So I should take the phone to someone that knows how to fix it or is this something that I could learn how to do by myself? Thanks!

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

If you have the tools and know-how...

If you don't, or the problem is something different, it could cost you a lot of money or loss of your phone. I would get it done by Samsung. The choice... is yours!

5. There is normally a small rattle from the camera so you may just be hearing that.
    While it is possible that a cable was dislodged, they are generally secured in place and can't really move that much so I'd suspect other damage.
    Either way I'll agree that phone disassembly is not for the inexperienced, and there is much potential for making things even worse. Find the tutorials on Ifixit and read through them to see if it's something yo want to attempt.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews